Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

IRC channel - server: waelisch.de  channel: #wme (read more)

Author Topic: LIMBO OF THE LOST PREVIEW & SCREENSHOTS  (Read 28995 times)

SBOVIS

• Frequent poster
  • FORGET REALITY SURRENDER TO YOUR DARKEST DREAMS
    • View Profile
    • LIMBO of the LOST
LIMBO OF THE LOST PREVIEW & SCREENSHOTS
« on: December 08, 2004, 01:52:20 PM »

Hi all,
        Here is a link to a preview that JUST ADVENTURE has done on my WME project.

http://www.justadventure.com/Previews/Limbo/Limbo.shtm

Also here is a link to screenshots taken from the game. (Who says POSER is no good for character design?)

http://www.justadventure.com/Upcoming_Releases/Limbo/Limbo.shtm

Enjoy

>:D
kind Regards
Steve Bovis
MAJESTIC STUDIOS

gfx johnny

• Regular poster
    • View Profile
Re: LIMBO OF THE LOST PREVIEW & SCREENSHOTS
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2004, 06:55:44 PM »

Impressive!  :o

Background graphics will be shadowed in real-time so that character shadows and objects can be animated. All of the game characters will be rendered and textured in 3D and then transferred into a backdrop.
I'm not sure if i understand this - you will use realtime 3d characters or is everything pre-rendered? And what about the shadowing in real-time?

Castler

• Lurker
    • View Profile
    • Limbo of the Lost
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2004, 07:05:18 PM »

What are you using for graphics? I mean, besides your mad skills. I don't think I could make that level of art even with 3dsmax.

Martin

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2004, 07:06:12 PM »

nice O0

Nihil

• Supporter
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Fear me! I'm evil!
    • View Profile
    • Order of Dagon
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2004, 07:09:21 PM »

Everything is pre-rendered, only the shadows are thrown in in real-time - at least that's what I understand ->, the scenes are rendered with "all lights on" and then you place shadowmaps over them in WME?

Looks really good, only some of the actor-shadows on the review-site point in a wrong direction, or?

But all in all seems to become a really cool game, only the 666 rooms scare me a bit :-)

Do you already have a publisher?

SBOVIS

• Frequent poster
    • View Profile
    • LIMBO of the LOST
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2004, 11:14:14 AM »

Hi all,
       The graphics are created thus:-
The backgrounds are created in 3D GAMESTUDIO A6 , they are textured, lit and then I place a camera at a certain position and grab a still. This becomes the initial background plate.

Then I take a cut of all the light areas, like where the torches are etc. I create small animated sprites of the light which thus creates a torch flicker on the walls when ran really fast. (You have to be quite subtle with this tho!)

All the characters are modelled and then put into POSER 5 where thay are manipulated, I also use MIMIC 2 to lip synch the recorded voices to the chracter models.

The shadows are not 100% accurate as they do fall on the floor wrongly but are only there for ambience, when the whole thing is running with flickering torch light, shadows and animation it REALLY works.

Plus alot of pain staking game mechanics like the PIP (picture in picture) interface and the OUIJA board.

At the moment the demo level (Tutorial) is around 25 rooms big, so 666 over 7 levels is not a problem.

At the moment we are looking for a publisher and have got a handful very interested in publishing the title.

I am still though looking out for a good WME scripter to work on the project and be part of the team? any takers??

Thanks to all of you at the forum and Mnemonic for past and I hope continued help, you have all been great. Thanks.

Glad you like the screen shots and the preview.

kind Regards
Steve Bovis
MAJESTIC STUDIOS

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2004, 11:21:16 AM »

I am still though looking out for a good WME scripter to work on the project and be part of the team? any takers??
Yes, I believe a dedicated script programmer is necessary for this kind of project. Some of your ideas require too much scripting to be described simply here at the forum, such as the compass.. Did you try looking for a programmer at other sites, such as AdventureGamers, JustAdventure or even GameDev.net? People with some programming experience shouldn't have troubles with getting used to WME scripting, hopefully.

Interesting approach with the graphics, btw. The results look really good and I suppose it's even better in motion.
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

SBOVIS

• Frequent poster
    • View Profile
    • LIMBO of the LOST
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2004, 01:12:50 PM »

Hi Mnemonic,
                   Yes it is really good in motion and hopefully you and the forum guys can play it come the end of next year? we will see.

I have looked on other sites for a programmer scripter, But they all want money and payment etc without the passion of working on the title.

I am after someone that WANTS to be part of our team and wants to work on the project, that loves adventure games etc etc

Not just someone that does some scripting and has no imagination.

They will have a proportion of any money made form the project depending on work done on the project.

Fancy it Mnemonic?? hahahahahahahahahaa

So if there is anyone out there get in touch.

kind Regards
Steve Bovis
MAJESTIC STUDIOS

Castler

• Lurker
    • View Profile
    • Limbo of the Lost
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2004, 03:58:18 PM »

I'm pretty new to WME, but I have plenty of programming experience, and I could be dedicated. You can email me at Castler766@yahoo.com if you're interested.

C

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.