Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This forum provides RSS feed. To query recent posts use this url. More...

Author Topic: about 3d support  (Read 3596 times)

Zaher

• Lurker
    • View Profile
about 3d support
« on: March 07, 2005, 01:41:24 PM »

Hi
I knew about this engine from another gaming forum,its features are good for adventures games and especially the latest feature which enables u to load 3d models

but I have to know some things before I download it:

-can wme load the 3d models with animation or it just imports static 3d objects,this is important if u want to make characters and enemies,4 example if u click by mouse on the enemy the playe will play the shooting animation and the enemy will play the death animation...,
I have 3ds Max V5 & V6,Maya v5,Poser v5 and Milkshape too :D,and Iam planning to make an Adventure-Action game similar to silent hill series with puzzles and a storyline of course.

I don't want to make the characters as sprites,I want them as fully 3d models with animations of course,is this possible to do with the new version of WME?

-can I load avi movies between levels for the storyline?and is there a plugin supprt so I can load bink movies?

thanks alot for this unique adventure engine.

deadworm222

• Regular poster
  • Wintermute Army
    • View Profile
Re: about 3d support
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2005, 02:41:29 PM »

Yep, WME supports animations for 3D models.

WME supports AVI (if the necessary codecs are installed in the player's computer), but no Bink as far as I know. Isn't Bink a partly commercial format - in order to use get rid of a popup screen you'd have to register it?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2005, 02:46:01 PM by deadworm222 »

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2005, 06:23:48 PM »

Bink Video with its $5000-per-game license is really out of the question here.
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

Zaher

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2005, 11:23:40 PM »

thanks 4 the quick reply,it is so great that WME supports animations,Iam going to download it right now but another thing,did someone encounter bugs or problems when playing the animation in the engine?
anyway I have a various collection of 3d commercial programs like Max,Maya,Poser,softimage,Animation Master,Cinema4D..and others :D

so what is the 3d-program u know that has no problems/bugs when exporting the model/animation to WME? if someone has already test this please...;

thanks again
« Last Edit: March 07, 2005, 11:29:34 PM by Zaher »

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2005, 06:48:09 PM »

No matter what program you use to model/animate your characters, you will have to convert the model to Milkshape 3D format, since it's the only format WME can load. It means you will need Milkshape 3D, or some other program capable of generating the binary MS3D format (besides Milkshape itself fragMotion should be able to).
After you download WME, I recommend reading the "3D characters support" chapter in the documentation, it should answer most of your questions.
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 23 queries.