Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Latest WME version: WME 1.9.1 (January 1st, 2010) - download

Author Topic: Can 3D models change size when they move over 2D background?shrink with distance  (Read 3965 times)

SilverRabbit

• Lurker
    • View Profile

I am currently planning on creating my own Point&Click Adventure and I thought Wintermute is a good choice for that. So I started playing around with the engine.
I want a 3D character model to move over a 2D background screen. But it would look odd, if it did not change size proportional to the "distance it moves away". Sure as it is not a 3D Room it can not really move away, but upwards and downwards and I need it to change size with that.
On top of that I will be working with different camera angles on my 2D backgrounds or different perspectives, so I need different views on my 3D model as well.
Can these plans be realized with Wintermute Engine or is it too much?

I am thankfull for every answer and anyone who wants to help. ;)

Mot

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile

Welcome SilverRabbit :)

As far as I know, WME is able to handle everything you mentioned.

I recommend you check the demo (that comes along with WME DK in the folder 'projects\wme_demo_3d\') named: wme_demo_3d.wpr

In addition to WME Resource Center and documentation, this very message board is an incredible source of information.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 01:23:29 PM by Mot »

SilverRabbit

• Lurker
    • View Profile

Ok, thank you for your fast answer!!!
I will continue to learn how to handle the Wintermute engine :)
 I wanted to make sure that everything I want to do is possible, before I waste a lot of time. It is better to be safe than sorry. ;D

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 23 queries.