Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This forum provides RSS feed. To query recent posts use this url. More...

Author Topic: Leftdoubleclick  (Read 2162 times)

Mr_Threepwood

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Leftdoubleclick
« on: October 28, 2007, 09:42:59 PM »

OK, so I'm stuck on this one problem which seems perplexing to me, perhaps I'm missing some key bit of information.

I have two games, and I'm trying to make the double click be ignored (and act as two single clicks), so I did this:

Code: [Select]
on "LeftDoubleClick"
{
Game.ApplyEvent("LeftClick");

if (actor.IsTalking()){
actor.StopTalking();
}

}

Now, the kicker is that it worked in one game, but it didn't in the other and I can't figure out why.  I've done some testing around and used this code in both games to test:

Code: [Select]
on "LeftDoubleClick"
{
actor.Talk("TEST");

}

That causes the actor to talk in one game, but not in the other.  So the problem must be that LeftDoubleClick isn't being registered in one of the games (it's not that the actor object it's named "actor", I checked that out).  So does anyone know why this would be the case?  I put the code mentioned above in the same spot of the game script in both games (right under the LeftClick event).

Mr_Threepwood

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Leftdoubleclick
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 09:52:40 PM »

Nevermind, I solved it.  The problem was that I had one extra "*/" somewhere in the game script that wasn't working right.  I would have thought that the extra */ would have caused it to not compile, but I guess not.  It's also weird because if I added stuff into my LeftClick script it would get added when I compiled, but not the Double click event, strange.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 19 queries.