Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

For WME related articles and tutorials visit WME Resource Center.

Author Topic: Keeping Inventory Window Open for a few seconds  (Read 2159 times)

Diaf

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Keeping Inventory Window Open for a few seconds
« on: July 08, 2009, 04:00:05 PM »

What I want to do is have it that when you recieve a new inventory item, the inventory window opens for a few seconds and a sound effect plays and then the window closes.

Im doing this now with a pile of change you can find in a couch. Since the change isn't an actual item on screen (you have to look at couch, and our character searches through it before recieving item) I wanted to make it more obvious to the player that something was added to the inventory.

I've got some code now that adds the 'change' item to inventory, then shows the inventory window, plays a rattling change sound effect, sleeps for about 1000 ms and then closes again.

The only thing is that the inventory doesn't seem to take notice of sleep and opens up for a breif flash before closing again.

Any ideas?

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
Re: Keeping Inventory Window Open for a few seconds
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 04:16:41 PM »

I don't know what you mean by "doesn't seem to take notice". It depends on how did you implement it.
Have you seen this thread? http://forum.dead-code.org/index.php?topic=638.0
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 19 queries.