Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Latest WME version: WME 1.9.1 (January 1st, 2010) - download

Author Topic: Best cut scene/intro software?  (Read 9700 times)

esmeco

• Lurker
  • I'm NOT a llama!
    • View Profile
Best cut scene/intro software?
« on: October 30, 2004, 10:48:27 PM »

Hello!
I was searching for a software to make cut-scenes and intros and I would like some help on finding some.
Thanks in advance for the reply! :D

odnorf

• w00t?
  • Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Lamp dog!
    • View Profile
Re: Best cut scene/intro software?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2004, 10:04:12 AM »

What kind of intros would you like to create? Animated typography, prerendered 3d, cartoon-like etc ?
fl*p

esmeco

• Lurker
  • I'm NOT a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2004, 10:31:27 AM »

Well,for the intro would be something like the name of the game appearing(fading in and out)....and for the cut scenes,something like we see on the other adventure games:an animated introduction to the game,before  it begins,like we see on Monkey Island.I hope I made myself clear now,I know I tend to be confusing sometimes! :D

odnorf

• w00t?
  • Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Lamp dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2004, 02:41:39 PM »

For fade in & out and various other effects I usually recommend "Adobe Aftereffects". But for animated cartoon introductions things can get more compicated because you should actually have to draw the frames of the graphics yourself. (The characters etc.) A tool which can make cartoon animation easier is "Moho" which has a skeletal vector-based system. Other usefull vector-based tools are Illustrator, Coreldraw & Flash.

For *simple* titles fade in & out it's easier to use wme scripting capabilities. No need to create a video file for that.

EDIT: Typo
« Last Edit: October 31, 2004, 06:48:55 PM by odnorf »
fl*p

esmeco

• Lurker
  • I'm NOT a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2004, 03:33:14 PM »

Thanks for the reply odnorf! :)I'll sure check out that animation program you referred.
Just 2 more questions,what do you think is the best program to make background music,like we see on most adventure games(Curse of Monkey Island,Runaway,etc.),with several instruments?Also, where can I find sounds(walking ina wooden floor,climbing stairs,door opening,etc.) to include on a game?
Thanks for the reply! :)

odnorf

• w00t?
  • Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Lamp dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2004, 05:14:20 PM »

Well, for the sound related question I don't really have an answer since I'm only a graphic designer. But I'm sure that if you can wait a while (maybe a day or two) Jerrot will pop-up with the answer you want. He is a mod in this forums and also the music expert  ;)
fl*p

deadworm222

• Regular poster
  • Wintermute Army
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2004, 06:27:37 PM »

There's lots of music software. In my experience most of them are bad. Pros use Cubase and Pro Tools. Some use Reason. Try demoversions of those programs.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2004, 10:22:42 AM by deadworm222 »

Orange Brat

• Regular poster
    • View Profile
    • Orange Brat Shenanigans™
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2004, 07:26:45 PM »

This isn't exactly what you're after but try Audacity:

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Audacity is a free audio editor. You can record sounds, play sounds, import and export WAV, AIFF, Ogg Vorbis, and MP3 files, and more. Use it to edit your sounds using Cut, Copy and Paste (with unlimited Undo), mix tracks together, or apply effects to your recordings. It also has a built-in amplitude envelope editor, a customizable spectrogram mode and a frequency analysis window for audio analysis applications. Built-in effects include Echo, Change Tempo, and Noise Removal, and it also supports VST and LADSPA plug-in effects.

The Disenfranchised™ - coming later

Nihil

• Supporter
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Fear me! I'm evil!
    • View Profile
    • Order of Dagon
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2004, 08:04:05 PM »

Also, where can I find sounds(walking ina wooden floor,climbing stairs,door opening,etc.) to include on a game?

I bought some Sound-collections, mainly the Magix Soundpool Video DVD which contains a lot of FX like footsteps, Rain, Wind, Thunder, Doors and so on.
Collections like this are often on Ebay for a very low price.

metamorphium

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Vampires!
    • View Profile
    • CBE  software s.r.o.
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2005, 09:59:34 PM »

For editing is used usually Cubase, Nuendo or Protools. This didn't solve your dilemma though because even when you buy this software you don't have much to start with. You would need to get some sound banks. To get you started, search for some free soundfonts which will get you running. For them you need some VST soundfont player. (google is your friend there)

If you want to go more pro, the cheapest way (not sounding very good though) is to go with Edirol HQ orchestra, which is very easy to use orchestra VST plugin (about 120MB) . For more advanced you can grab Sedliaczek orchestra or Garritan personal orchestra (google is your friend there). For the best results you can use VSL, which is veeeery expensive.For synths I am using Distorted reality package which is pretty good.

Typos everywhere...
J.U.L.I.A. Enhanced Edition, Vampires!, J.U.L.I.A., J.U.L.I.A. Untold, Ghost in the Sheet

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 24 queries.