Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

IRC channel - server: waelisch.de  channel: #wme (read more)

Author Topic: Packaging path problems, and absolute paths in scene edit  (Read 2833 times)

DocBass

• Regular poster
    • View Profile
Packaging path problems, and absolute paths in scene edit
« on: September 09, 2007, 04:13:59 AM »

Hi Mneumonic. We have been trying to separate our scene code from the graphics we have created for those scenes in different packages and it appears to be breaking things when building scenes in scene edit. Whenever I try to set a sprite in scene edit, it adds the package name to the path. So for example it gives us this for a sprite:

package\folder\sprite.ext

Now this is fine when running in debug mode but as soon as you compile it, it won't work since there is no folder anywhere named after the package. It's looking for a folder that does not exist. There are also no "duplicate" folder names so there should be no problem with priorities or anything like that. It's just searching for a folder with the same name as the package.

Also, After separating our code and creating these new packages, and trying to redo some scenes, it is assigning some sprites as an absolute path name within the scene edit. This is very strange as this has not happened before and just started today. Now obviously this stuff can be fixed by editing the text of the scene files, however this would slow things down quite a bit. We are using the latest beta if that makes any difference. Any idea why this would occur and what I can do for the first problem mentioned?

DocBass

• Regular poster
    • View Profile
Re: Packaging path problems, and absolute paths in scene edit
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2007, 04:43:14 AM »

Just for the record I have solved the problem. It occured because of the variable  $EDITOR_PROJECT_ROOT_DIR$ in the scene files. I had to open the files in a text editor and make sure they had all the right amount of "..\..\..\..\..\" in it.

Would it be possible to have some feature in the engine that would scan the scene files in a project and update these paths?  ;D If not it's not a huge deal, but in case anyone ever runs into the same problem when moving scenes around, there you go.

Why is it that I can spend a few hours trying to figure it out, and I eventually feel the need to post, then I find a simple solution minutes later?  ::)

metamorphium

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Vampires!
    • View Profile
    • CBE  software s.r.o.
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2007, 08:59:48 AM »

J.U.L.I.A. Enhanced Edition, Vampires!, J.U.L.I.A., J.U.L.I.A. Untold, Ghost in the Sheet

DocBass

• Regular poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 12:20:47 AM »

Cool, I missed that.  ::slug

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 20 queries.