Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

IRC channel - server: waelisch.de  channel: #wme (read more)

Author Topic: Need graphics artist.  (Read 11153 times)

keibakaruu

• Lurker
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Need graphics artist.
« on: March 04, 2003, 08:35:51 PM »

Hi there. For now I need graphic artists for my game. I need background artists, character artists and Inventory artists and possibly someone to do sounds and a GUI artist.

I am doing a re-make of a game I love so much. Zak McKracken and the Alien mindbenders. I have the plans all out and I know how I am going to make this game. If anyone is interested, please email me at KeibakARuu@bhlegend.com

I am looking for a cartoonish style graphics.

KA

Scarpia

• Occasional poster
  • Rich kid trash web designer :-P
    • View Profile
    • junk dot dk
Re:Need graphics artist.
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2003, 02:31:41 AM »

Hey - you *are* a llama!

Scarpia  :P

Joke aside, I was wondering - wasn't Zak McKracken made by some german indie game developers? Are you seriously doing a remake of an amateur game? It sounds like you should try to hook up with the original authors, rather than make the same game all over.

Just a thought

Scarpia

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2003, 08:34:38 AM »

Hey - you *are* a llama!
Damn, that llama thing came back when I upgraded to the new YABB version.

I was wondering - wasn't Zak McKracken made by some german indie game developers? Are you seriously doing a remake of an amateur game?
As far as I know the original Zak game has been created by LucasArts. I believe that german project is not a remake, but a sequel (or prequel or something, don't know for sure).
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

Jerrot

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2003, 09:13:12 AM »

As far as I know the original Zak game has been created by LucasArts. I believe that german project is not a remake, but a sequel (or prequel or something, don't know for sure).

actually there are/were about 3 or 4 fan sequels of Zak, most of them stuck in progress. the original was done by LucasArts (no - Lucasfilm Games! ;) !) and the only working completed sequel... well...  the author copied the original backgrounds etc. using the same engine, added 2 or 3 places and changed the story, so it's some kind of "remake", too...
Mooh!

keibakaruu

• Lurker
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2003, 11:26:32 PM »

I would use the other graphics from other projects, but they dont have all the graphics I need and if I use a new graphics artist to fill in, the graphics may not be consistent.

Besides, I was thinking of a look more like Day of the Tentacle.

Also, what sequel are you talking about? I played the sequel that was in German, but it was a sequel, not a remake. And they used the SCUMM Engine?

I didn't quite get that. But I am seriously wanting to do this remake and badly, maybe even adding some dialog and some more puzzles and gags. Seriosly, if anyone wants to help please let me know.

KA

Jerrot

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2003, 01:43:04 AM »

Besides, I was thinking of a look more like Day of the Tentacle.
Yeah, I like that style most, too. (Unfortunately I got crazy by trying to draw that way!)

Also, what sequel are you talking about? I played the sequel that was in German, but it was a sequel, not a remake. And they used the SCUMM Engine?
*oops*, sorry - i wanted to write "the same interface", not the same engine. And my remark that is was some kind of remake wasn't serious, of course this was a sequel. The author ripped the graphics and put them in AGS with a new story and about 2 or 3 new places (I remember Berlin - because I lived there when I played it. ;) ) which did not fit in the style of the original.

anyway good luck and "gnik sisi vle" ! :D
Mooh!

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 24 queries.