Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

For WME related articles and tutorials visit WME Resource Center.

Author Topic: Questions Regarding Multiple Actors  (Read 2286 times)

Antrod

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Questions Regarding Multiple Actors
« on: February 11, 2010, 08:25:32 PM »

Greetings all!

I'm relatively new to WME, though I have been into game design and graphics for going on 10 years.  So far I like the way WME is set up.  I just got my son into game design (he's 10) and this seems like a great place to start.

The game we are working on has an interface somewhat like Parasite Eve for the old PSOne.  The main actor is seen from different angles depending on the scene.  Some scenes are straight on and some are isometric, some are top down.  The backgrounds themselves are static and just give the impression of moving around a 3d environment.

The twist we have in the game we are working on is we have two main characters in two different costumes. 

What we are attempting is to have parts of the game where the characters are in one costume and other parts in the second costume.  The costumes themselves aren't changeable but we want to make it so the player can switch characters with the push of a button.  Both actors need to be on screen at the same time... something like one in the lead, then when you want to you would press a button and the other character would take the lead.  Does that make sense?

I know there are probably similar ideas somewhere on the forums.  We have been searching the forums for a while and have made some headway as far as the scripting.  Any further advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Happy Gaming

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
Re: Questions Regarding Multiple Actors
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 09:28:49 PM »

I don't know if I understand you correctly, but I believe it's perfectly possible in WME. You can load as many actors as you want and show/hide/switch them as needed. Let us know if you have any specific questions.
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 24 queries.