Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

For WME related articles and tutorials visit WME Resource Center.

Author Topic: Multiple inventories - how to check whether actor has taken any items at all?  (Read 2556 times)

Kaz

• Arberth Studios
  • Regular poster
  • The story is the game
    • View Profile
    • Info on 'Rhiannon' & 'Coven'

Hi all

I have two inventories, one for documents and one for objects, related to two actors, InvDocs and InvObjects (I know, they could just as easliy be entities). I get the whole actor.TakeItem thing but does that also extend to other methods like TotalNumItems, QueryItem and IsItemTaken or are those methods only for the Game object?

I want to switch a menu button on depending on whether there are things in each inventory. How do I check whether the number of items in InvDocs's inventory is > 0? I tried InvDocs.QueryItem and InvDocs.IsItemTaken and got 'call ignored'.

Cheers

\"Fans of popular horror adventures like Scratches and Barrow Hill should start bracing themselves for another haunting experience, as independent developer Arberth Studios has announced production on its debut title Rhiannon - Curse of the Four Branches.\" - AdventureGamers.com

Kaz

• Arberth Studios
  • Regular poster
  • The story is the game
    • View Profile
    • Info on 'Rhiannon' & 'Coven'

Solved - HasItem works with entities, and a QueryItem loop will throw up a null if there's nothing in the entity's inventory. 
\"Fans of popular horror adventures like Scratches and Barrow Hill should start bracing themselves for another haunting experience, as independent developer Arberth Studios has announced production on its debut title Rhiannon - Curse of the Four Branches.\" - AdventureGamers.com

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 23 queries.