Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

IRC channel - server: waelisch.de  channel: #wme (read more)

Author Topic: Wintermute Tutorials  (Read 5098 times)

McCloud

• wanna be game creator
  • Lurker
  • McCloud
    • View Profile
    • Music by Jeremy McCloud
Wintermute Tutorials
« on: September 11, 2005, 04:39:03 AM »

Does anyone know of any websites or books for Wintermute?  I found that it's really hard to search online for.  When I search for Wintermute a bunch of matches come up for some book, it actually sounds pretty good.  Wintermute I think was some kind of computer intellegence software of somekind in the book.  As anyone read it by chance and is it any good.  I like Philip K Dick books, can't wait until A Scanner Darkly comes out.  It will be awsome!  And then, when I try and search for WME all I get is Windows Media Encoder.  I am aware of the tutorials in the manual which are good and the Wiki, which still seems new, anyone know of any other places?

Thanks.
-McCloud
"How do you know what's real, when you only know of reality through your own mind?" - William Blake

metamorphium

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Vampires!
    • View Profile
    • CBE  software s.r.o.
Re: Wintermute Tutorials
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2005, 08:35:51 AM »

unfortunately AFAIK, there is not much of the tutorials yet. I am trying to write some everytime I find a time for it, but I have quite a lot
of work lately. Maybe it made sense if you specify what tutorials would you (and others) be interested in. Then something could be done more in the direction others need.
J.U.L.I.A. Enhanced Edition, Vampires!, J.U.L.I.A., J.U.L.I.A. Untold, Ghost in the Sheet

drakon

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2005, 12:33:18 AM »

The book your getting is Neuromancer as the creator of Wintermute named it after one of the characters. Its very good really enjoyed it. A Scanner Darkly is already out as I understand it what is probably being released is a reprint of it.

McCloud

• wanna be game creator
  • Lurker
  • McCloud
    • View Profile
    • Music by Jeremy McCloud
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2005, 07:23:55 AM »

Maybe it made sense if you specify what tutorials would you (and others) be interested in. Then something could be done more in the direction others need.

Hmm.  I'm still pretty new to WME, so it's hard for me to say, I just wanted the resources available when I get to something I can't find.  One thing I was wondering though, is support for DirectMusic.  I'd like to make the music interactive for example, maybe in one section of the game it just starts with some pads and a drum beat, then when the character enters into another room, the pads and drum beat stay the same, but then maybe some guitar kicks in, synced to the beat, as if your getting closer to the enemy.  Then a thick heavy bass line comes in, like your getting really close and then when you back track, it goes in reverse.  Does that make since.  I think MI3 uses the same technique, when your at the swamp and enter into the voodoo ladies place, the music all comes together and adds instruments.

A Scanner Darkly is already out as I understand it what is probably being released is a reprint of it.
Sorry, I forgot to mention that I meant the movie and not the book.  It will be AWSOME!  Here is a link.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0405296/
It's done in the style of "Waking Life" which was directed by the same guy, I think it's an excellent look for this type book.
"How do you know what's real, when you only know of reality through your own mind?" - William Blake

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 24 queries.