Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This forum provides RSS feed. To query recent posts use this url. More...

Author Topic: Moving animation in Window Entity Container does not move  (Read 6778 times)

anarchist

• Regular poster
    • View Profile
Moving animation in Window Entity Container does not move
« on: November 27, 2016, 10:48:01 PM »

Hello everyone.

I have created an entity container inside a window. I have linked an entity which has a moving sprite (it is a tiny actor moving left and right).

The entity's animation plays but it does not move left and right. The actor moves his legs and turns left and right but does not move on the screen.

Am I doing something wrong or is there nothing I can do about this?

eborr

• Regular poster
    • View Profile
Re: Moving animation in Window Entity Container does not move
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 02:49:57 PM »

my guess is that you have to move the container

eborr

• Regular poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2016, 02:56:07 PM »

2 thoughts  - 1 attach a script a move the containers x/y pixel by pixel in whatever way you want to move it.

2. Not tried this so it's a bit of a guess, instead of moving the character by a number of pixels per frame, change the hotspot, that should give you a level of motion.

anarchist

• Regular poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2016, 09:00:11 PM »

Thank you very much for the advice eborr.

I chose to move the entity container. I added events to each frame of my animation and then I catch the events in my entity's script. I then get the entity container control from my window and change its X value on each event occurrence.

P.S. Dude, are we the only active members of this forum left?

eborr

• Regular poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2016, 11:38:18 PM »

glad it helped

as to the lack of posting

perhaps we are apart from the guys promoting stuff, I am working really hard trying to get something ready for a crowdfund. It seems from looking around the net adventure gaming is still going strong, and I have not come across an engine that does what we need to do better than WME.

I fear for our next project we may have to move onto something else, the main driver behind that is the different platforms. I am not convinced on using WME lite, I am not knocking the work people have done, I am concerned that people with proprietary systems like IOS an Android will make changes which may games built on lite unusable.

anarchist

• Regular poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2016, 06:41:26 PM »

My fear is that the lack of traffic in the forum means that WME is not used by new adventure games creators anymore. Unity is very popular at the moment and not only for 3D games. It remains free up to a point and I think their pricing is quite fair.

We will also probably move away from this wonderful engine because of the multiple platforms but also because the engine has not been updated for a long time. Mnemonic had announced WME v2.0 but I assume that the project must be halted since we haven't had news for years. Also, the latest release of v1 has been on beta for a long time. It is sad for me because this engine has absolutely everything you need for a 2D or 2.5D adventure and the community has been very helpful.

I haven't tried Lite to be honest. Our game is near release (it has been greenlit by Steam and we are finishing the bureaucratic part now so we can release it) so I will try it out. Has it been updated recently?

eborr

• Regular poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2016, 01:21:06 AM »

I have had a look at Unity and tbh have some reservations, I know one team who moved away from it, as the functionality they wanted to use for the 2d elements were supplied by a third party, who simply were not keeping pace the development of the Unity core. I cannot afford to take the risk of spending months developing something on a platform where there is an unreliable third party dependency .

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.