Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This forum provides RSS feed. To query recent posts use this url. More...

Author Topic: WME BOOK goes online - search for a proofreader  (Read 8965 times)

metamorphium

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Vampires!
    • View Profile
    • CBE  software s.r.o.
WME BOOK goes online - search for a proofreader
« on: December 10, 2007, 11:32:06 PM »

Hi muties,

after months spend with WME book, I've decided for a different approach. One of the factors was, that just now I had to rewrite one whole chapter because it was no longer valid. So one of the key benefits will be easier maintanance. Another issue is that I've a lot of other stuff in my life to do and WME book appeared to be a daunting task. On the other hand what is already done could help many beginners to smoothly start.

In this light I've also decided to release the book as a donationware (same as WME itself), which would mean that you'll be free to read the book and also free to motivate me to either continue writing the book and adding new chapters or doing something more useful in my life. Like for example  ::beer ::beer ::beer ::beer ::beer

Now for the core point of this message. So far there're 11 chapters online and I'm looking for someone reliable (not like the people who snatched the chapters and disappeared) who would read the chapters and make a language proofreading. It's quite a lot of text so don't expect to do it in one afternoon - although if you're fast, you could make it.  ;) There's no need to proofread the code as it has been tested and it works.

So any volunteers?
J.U.L.I.A. Enhanced Edition, Vampires!, J.U.L.I.A., J.U.L.I.A. Untold, Ghost in the Sheet

odnorf

• w00t?
  • Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Lamp dog!
    • View Profile
Re: WME BOOK goes online - search for a proofreader
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 12:09:50 AM »

I truly believe this is an impressive amount of work. And I'd like to ask one question to the wme users. Do you think a multi-page pdf file (updated when necessary) of this book would be useful?
fl*p

jlinam

• Supporter
  • Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007, 12:57:46 AM »

Meta -

I'd be willing to proof the English grammar and spelling, if that's what you're looking for. I have some experience in technical writing and proofing.

I'd have to do it on an 'as available' basis, but I'd try to get through as quickly as possible.

SoundGuy

• Regular poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2007, 04:17:46 AM »

I can help read and proofread along with my teammates at Corbomite Games.

Jyujinkai

• Global Moderator
  • Frequent poster
    • View Profile
    • Jyujinkai's WME Development Blog
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2007, 05:01:26 AM »

I truly believe this is an impressive amount of work. And I'd like to ask one question to the wme users. Do you think a multi-page pdf file (updated when necessary) of this book would be useful?

I think an online version would be best (unless you wish to sell) like a wiki with closed registration so not anyone can edit.. only comment mabey.. that way you can update easy as by simply loggin in and have a "recent updates" section for addition things as they are added in new versions or better explanations and examples are done.
<Antoine de Saint-Exupéry> In any thing at all, perfection is finally attained not when there is no longer anything to add, but when there is no longer anything to take away...
<Carl Sagan> If you want to make a apple pie from scratch. You must first... invent the universe

bupaje

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2007, 07:37:10 AM »

I also could help as my schedule allows. I have almost no WM experience yet -I just started looking at WM this past weekend. I do have previous experience as a reviewer of technical books.

Baron

• Lurker
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2008, 12:44:26 AM »

I replied in the WME book thread too. I would like to voulnteer for proof reading and Graphics. Please Pm me if interested.

regards,
Baron

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 23 queries.