Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

IRC channel - server: waelisch.de  channel: #wme (read more)

Author Topic: When are window objects omitted from save thumbnail?  (Read 2978 times)

Darky

• Supporter
  • Regular poster
    • View Profile
    • Spreadcamp
When are window objects omitted from save thumbnail?
« on: June 10, 2011, 01:50:07 PM »

I'm experiencing some strange behavior with the WME save thumbnails.

For example I made a map so that the player can navigate elsewhere instantly. It is a window object and overlayed sometimes as a dedicated map scene, but most of the time it's an overlay to the current scene so that when the player changed his mind he can revert back to the current scene and continue where he was. I do allow making savegames while on that map screen but this is what happens:
- On the dedicated map scene, the thumbnail is just a black screen (because there is nothing in the scene except the open window)
- On other scenes, the thumbnail shows the actual real scene the player is at and not the overlayed window object

For a while I thought WME just can't make thumbnails of window objects, but then I noticed if the player has the Inventory open while going to the save screen, the Inventory shows up on the thumbnail. With the Inventory it's exactly the opposite I want: I want it to be omitted from being screened and not show up in the thumbnail.

This all seems to act very random so I'm not sure what I can do to fix this. Are there some type of conditions that make some window objects show up and hide others? How can I control it, exactly?

Thank you

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
Re: When are window objects omitted from save thumbnail?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 03:19:14 PM »

Windows marked as "in-game" are rendered on the thumbnail. Non-in-game windows are not.
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

Darky

• Supporter
  • Regular poster
    • View Profile
    • Spreadcamp
Re: When are window objects omitted from save thumbnail?
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 03:43:52 PM »

Much easier than expected  ;D

Excellent. Thank you, Mnemonic!

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 23 queries.