Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

IRC channel - server: waelisch.de  channel: #wme (read more)

Author Topic: Scene viewport not working in tutorial  (Read 4313 times)

goamanu

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Scene viewport not working in tutorial
« on: April 13, 2011, 07:40:21 PM »

Hello,
I just started working with WME, today. Of course, first step was to grab the wme book. It was not long before I came to a halt. In the book is an example to reduce the viewport setting (scene viewport) to 100 100 200 200 then F5 to visualize changes. I tried that in both wme_demo and wme_demo_3d, but there is no change. I also tried other values for viewport position and size. Still there is no result. What is happening?
I really need a smaller viewport because I want to put an inventory bar permanently under the scenes  :(
I have Vista fully updated. WME PM 1.9.001
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 07:42:08 PM by goamanu »

goamanu

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Scene viewport not working in tutorial
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 10:31:46 PM »

I stumbled upon another problem: anything I work in WME is saved in:
C:\Users\Diana\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\WME DevKit\projects\
in Vista! But ONLY the files created by me, the rest of the files remain in their old location, in my case:
C:\Program Files\WME DevKit\projects
Is it normal? How I am gonna manage my files if they are split in two different places?  >:(

anarchist

• Regular poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 11:16:29 PM »

When you create a project do not save it in C:\Program Files\WME DevKit\projects. Instead prefer a location outside the Program Files folder. That is why you do not notice your changes being saved.

goamanu

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 09:02:58 PM »

Thank you anarchist! If I start the project in another location, everything is ok (although I would like a Save As... button).
Now lets get back to my other problem. I did some research and the situation is as follows:
I have two comps:
A. Vista, Ati Radeon HD 4870, fully updated, both windows and graphic card (I use it mainly for games)
B. Win XP, GeForce whatever
On the XP computer everything is just fine, WME is working as expected!
On Vista, I have some VERY strange problems (I currently learn with the build in demo projects, wme_demo and wme_demo_3d).
1. On both projects I cannot see the modified scene viewport if I run the game from Project Manager (F5). The game looks as if scene viewport is fullscreen, even if I modify and save the setting.
2. On both projects I can run the precompiled game (F7) with the correct viewport view, BUT only in windowed mode!
3. On project wme_demo, if I start the precompiled version in fullscreen (16 or 32), the computer freezes (black screen, no sound, no keyboard, no mouse) and I have to press the reset button.
4. On project wme_demo_3d, if I start the compiled version in fullscreen, everything is ok, including the viewport settings, even if in the Project Manager I cant see the correct view.
My conclusions are:
For my Vista config, there is impossible to visualize the correct viewport in Project Manager.
In Vista, something in wme_demo is wrong, as I cannot run it in fullscreen (compiled).
Any ideas?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 11:00:30 PM by goamanu »

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 24 queries.