Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This forum provides RSS feed. To query recent posts use this url. More...

Author Topic: Errors compiling for ipad  (Read 5801 times)

Azrael

• Regular poster
    • View Profile
    • Mad Orange
Errors compiling for ipad
« on: October 19, 2011, 03:28:30 PM »

Hi,
I've created a test project for ipad, it works well with the Ipad Simulator but when i try to test it on a real device it doesn't compile.

The first error is:
"[BEROR]No architectures to compile for [ARCHS=armv7, VALID_ARCHS=armv6, i386]"

Then i go to the "Build Settings" and add "armv7" to the "Valid Architectures". It was "armv6 i386" now it's "armv7 armv6 i386".

But now i have a new error:
"Ld /Users/azrael/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/wmelite-aregolaikwmsxtaipuhimuunwblh/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/wmelite.app/wmelite normal armv7
    cd /Users/azrael/Desktop/asd/wmelite/xcode-ios/wmelite
    setenv IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET 4.2
    setenv PATH "/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin"
    /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/llvm-g++-4.2 -arch armv7 -isysroot /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS5.0.sdk -L/Users/azrael/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/wmelite-aregolaikwmsxtaipuhimuunwblh/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos -L/Users/azrael/Desktop/asd/wmelite/xcode-ios/wmelite/../dep/bass/lib -L/Users/azrael/Desktop/asd/wmelite/xcode-ios/wmelite/../dep/boost/lib -L/Users/azrael/Desktop/asd/wmelite/xcode-ios/wmelite/../dep/FreeImage/lib -L/Users/azrael/Desktop/asd/wmelite/xcode-ios/wmelite/../dep/freetype/lib -L/Users/azrael/Desktop/asd/wmelite/xcode-ios/wmelite/../dep/SDL/lib -F/Users/azrael/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/wmelite-aregolaikwmsxtaipuhimuunwblh/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos -filelist /Users/azrael/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/wmelite-aregolaikwmsxtaipuhimuunwblh/Build/Intermediates/wmelite.build/Debug-iphoneos/wmelite.build/Objects-normal/armv7/wmelite.LinkFileList -dead_strip -lz -miphoneos-version-min=4.2 -framework StoreKit -framework Foundation -framework UIKit -framework OpenGLES -framework QuartzCore -framework CoreAudio -framework AudioToolbox -framework CoreGraphics -lbass -lboost_filesystem -lboost_system -lfreeimage -lSDL -framework CFNetwork -lfreetype -o /Users/azrael/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/wmelite-aregolaikwmsxtaipuhimuunwblh/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/wmelite.app/wmelite

ld: in /Users/azrael/Desktop/asd/wmelite/xcode-ios/dep/FreeImage/lib/libfreeimage.a, file is universal but does not contain a(n) armv7 slice for architecture armv7
Command /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/llvm-g++-4.2 failed with exit code 1"

It seem to me that a lib dosn't support armv7Any ideas? :P
The macbook pro it's with Lion and the latest version of XCode. The ipad it's an ipad 2 with ios 5. I downloaded the latest source and dependencies of WME Lite.

Thanks for the help :)

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
Re: Errors compiling for ipad
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 04:55:03 PM »

Yes, the precompiled freeimage library is only compiled for arm6. So personally I only compile wmelite for arm6 (I don't remember the exact setting, but it's something like "compile only for active architecture"). This setting should be enabled in the default wmelite project.

Or you'd need to recompile freeimage with both arm6/arm7 included.
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

Azrael

• Regular poster
    • View Profile
    • Mad Orange
Re: Errors compiling for ipad
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 09:12:10 AM »

Ok solved, i don't know if it's just me or the new xCode but when you open the project it's set for armv7 by default (and it's the "active architecture").
If somebody else have the same problem go to "Build Settings", on "Architectures" row click on "armv7", choose "Other" and add a new architecture with the +. Now simply write "armv6" and it should work :)

Thanks a lot Mnemonic, wmelite seem to work quite good now :)

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 23 queries.