Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum rules - please read before posting, it can save you a lot of time.

Author Topic: Error loading settings file -> help pls  (Read 3045 times)

PeterSVK

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Error loading settings file -> help pls
« on: August 22, 2009, 05:46:21 PM »

Hello

I start creating my first adventure game,i made a project and everything was fine for 2 days.Today i turn on computer and when i want open my project i get error "error loading the settings file" ... and project don't run.All other "tutorial prjects" run as usually....Sprite edit and scene edit works fine - on my project too. Reinstall does not help,So if anybody can - help me pls.

THX

(Sorry for my english)(I posted this question on czech forum too so i hope i am not breaking the rules  ::) )

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
Re: Error loading settings file -> help pls
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 09:23:28 AM »

There is a file called settings.settings in your project. It's probably missing or corrupted (can you post its contents?).
You can fix the problem by simply copying the file from WME Demo to your project. You will have to reset some of the project settings afterwards, though (such as registry path).
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

PeterSVK

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 10:05:57 AM »

Thanks for reply :) , you can find my project here - http://leteckaposta.cz/605529309 .Actors and graphics are not from root directory so you will be missing them,i hope that is no problem.

I tryed to find settings.settings but i only find settings in packages, and i still cant find right directory to copy to...so if u can write the path where i have to copy settings.settings and maybe upload them..it would be fine. thanks :)

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 11:12:20 AM »

Well, apparently it's your project file (BLAZE_inc.wpr) that's corrupted. It's completely empty. Just copy the wpr file from WME demo and overwrite your old project file.
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

PeterSVK

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009, 11:40:33 AM »

THX for your help,now it works.I was having problems with setting path to actor but now i find it and it's fine :)

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 23 queries.