Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

For WME related articles and tutorials visit WME Resource Center.

Author Topic: Channel animation problem in Max  (Read 5498 times)

FogGobbler

• Regular poster
    • View Profile
Channel animation problem in Max
« on: January 31, 2009, 10:29:22 AM »

Hi!

I´m using max for character animation, but I´ve got problem with the "PlayAnimChannelAsync" - animations.

I know that the "channel" animations should only have keyframes on the parts of the body the animation uses and none on all the rest so thatonly the channel animation overrides the "normal" animation. I hope you know what I mean..

Now in max I´ve deleted all keyframes of the rest of the body, but if I look at the file in fragMotion there are keyframes everywhere. If I delete them in fragMotion, everything works fine, but that isn´t very good for my workflow.

It sounds stupid, but how can I delete all (but the ones needed) keyframes in max?

Thanks,
Oli

Jyujinkai

• Global Moderator
  • Frequent poster
    • View Profile
    • Jyujinkai's WME Development Blog
Re: Channel animation problem in Max
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 04:32:44 PM »

Try setting the export options in the animation tab to "Key Frames Only" instead of "Sampled"

This should force the exporter to use the exact keyframes you have set in max, rather than a interpolated keyframes made by the exporter itself on conversion of the data... this could be the problem.

<----- edit
You Can try to use the other types of keyframe exports as well after you have done all them let us know. Example "Sampled / Key Sequence, rather than Sampled / 3ds Max Ticks) and then these options again using Pos.Scale,Rotate instead of Matrix.

If you still have a trouble please let us know what you are using to animate.. as in is it a custom rig or is it Biped, or is it  bones system attached to a biped.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 04:37:38 PM by Jyujinkai »
<Antoine de Saint-Exupéry> In any thing at all, perfection is finally attained not when there is no longer anything to add, but when there is no longer anything to take away...
<Carl Sagan> If you want to make a apple pie from scratch. You must first... invent the universe

FogGobbler

• Regular poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 06:02:07 PM »

Hi!

Thanks for your reply. I´m using a character studio biped and say I want to wave the left arm I select all other bones and delete their tracks. So I´ve only got the left arm moving (shoulder, arm and fingers)

If I select all non-moving bones I can´t see any keyframes anymore.

Now I´ve exported as you suggested, but strangely enough if I look at the keyframes in fragMotion I still can see a keyframe at the beginning of my animation and at the end for these non-moving bones.

I tried all other settings, but that didn´t turn out either.
Any ideas?

Jyujinkai

• Global Moderator
  • Frequent poster
    • View Profile
    • Jyujinkai's WME Development Blog
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 06:40:13 PM »

So? I do not understand what the problem is.

If you only have keys on the arm at from 10-36 but still have keys in other parts of the file if you only load 10-36 in your actor3D only those keys will load.. allowing you to merge animations together like have her walk and wave her arm at same time... . ..
<Antoine de Saint-Exupéry> In any thing at all, perfection is finally attained not when there is no longer anything to add, but when there is no longer anything to take away...
<Carl Sagan> If you want to make a apple pie from scratch. You must first... invent the universe

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 23 queries.