Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Latest WME version: WME 1.9.1 (January 1st, 2010) - download

Author Topic: Need to import vue3 odjects to blender  (Read 8551 times)

neo83_gr

• Lurker
    • View Profile
    • civensoftware
Need to import vue3 odjects to blender
« on: March 01, 2005, 08:49:53 PM »

hi I'm using the vue d'esprit 3 for renderind my images (I also used bryce 3d but vue is better) but I want to create .3ds files for the hidden geometry in wme and this is impsible for vue or bryce because they export odjects in their formats .(vob and .obp).
Is there any script for blender that makes possible to import files-objects from vue and bryce so i can export to 3ds for the wme?????

Nihil

• Supporter
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Fear me! I'm evil!
    • View Profile
    • Order of Dagon
Re: Need to import vue3 odjects to blender
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2005, 10:20:55 PM »

No, there are no such scripts afaik. At least for Bryce this is more ore less impossible I think, as Bryce does not use geometry like other software but calculates the geometry in some procedual way, don't know how exactly. The only thing you can export from Bryce are terrains, which you can export as .obj files and then import into Blender.

Don't know how things work in Vue, but at least the vegetation uses a similar system from what I've heard.

Tol

• Guest star
  • Occasional poster
  • Oro?
    • View Profile
    • www.blender3d.cz
Re: Need to import vue3 odjects to blender
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2005, 02:02:51 PM »

Vue Pro can export even separate object in many formats if I am not mistaken and most of them Blender can import. But it is nearly twice  as of cost  as Vue ´d Esprit version.

But If you need only plants from Vue, you can simply render them and use them as textures maped on planes in Blender. Ideally would be to render them with alpha channel and cheat normal mapping texture, I don´t know how to achieve this in Vue renderer though...

« Last Edit: March 04, 2005, 02:06:48 PM by Tol »
Playing: something good
Developing: Mafia II
Finished:Tale of a Hero

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 24 queries.