Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum rules - please read before posting, it can save you a lot of time.

Author Topic: help with weapons  (Read 4019 times)

ChANAK

• Lurker
    • View Profile
help with weapons
« on: June 05, 2006, 07:07:48 PM »

Hi
I'm an artist and a new one here too.I'm not a programer so I just want to now if I have your support.
Can weapons be possible in wme(I think with the wme api would be posible) and is threre an example.

thanks

adonf

• Regular poster
    • View Profile
Re: help with weapons
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 09:52:24 AM »

Do you mean for 3D characters ?

If so, in AITD4 the models for the characters had no hands and we attached a separate model for the hand + weapon depending on the current weapon.

It should be possible to do something similar in WME since you can attach models to bones (We're doing it in our demo and it works although there's been a lot of trial and error to find the correct orientation.)

Hope this helped

Adonf
I am the Milkman. My milk is good.

Jerrot

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
Re: help with weapons
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2006, 07:28:33 PM »

I'm an artist and a new one here too.I'm not a programer so I just want to now if I have your support.
Can weapons be possible in wme(I think with the wme api would be posible) and is threre an example.

Everybody is welcome, so... uhm... welcome. :) Even if I couldn't immediately help you in the chat channel, but well, I'm not actively developing a WME game.
So for your question - yes, it is possible in certain ways, like adonf already mentioned, you can attach meshes (weapons) to actors and the API allows you a lot. But, you have to keep in mind that it's no full 3d engine, so stuff like collision detection etc. is not easily given yet.

You might also want to check this thread and the containing sources:
http://forum.dead-code.org/index.php?topic=1333.0

Feel free to ask detailed questions, good luck.
Mooh!

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 20 queries.