Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

For WME related articles and tutorials visit WME Resource Center.

Author Topic: Is there a Cutscene function in WME?  (Read 2290 times)

goldenTouch

• Lurker
    • View Profile
    • Spare Time Gaming
Is there a Cutscene function in WME?
« on: February 14, 2007, 10:41:24 PM »

First of all - I searched the forums, but since I'm the uncrowned king of poor searching, I didn't find anything.  :-\

I have recently gone over from the AGS engine to the WME engine, and I am looking for a similar "StartCutscene" function or event.
Does this exist in WME, or are only regular functions used?

I believe the idea with the StartCutscene-function in AGS was that the player could not skip talking lines with a mouse-click, but had to use a predefined "skip-button".

Of course, you could always implement this into any function in WME, but if there's an already existing method that does this it would be great to know about.  ::)

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
Re: Is there a Cutscene function in WME?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 08:22:48 AM »

No, there's no built in support for this. It's been discussed before and the common consensus was to move the entire cut scene sequence into a separate script, and kill off the script when you need to interrupt the cut scene (using Game.DetachScript()). Unlike AGS, in WME you can run many scripts concurrently (basically all scripts in WME behave like AGS' repeatedly_execute).
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 24 queries.