Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum rules - please read before posting, it can save you a lot of time.

Author Topic: Jack Orlando  (Read 8780 times)

odnorf

• w00t?
  • Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Lamp dog!
    • View Profile
Jack Orlando
« on: July 02, 2003, 12:24:54 PM »

I am just playing "Jack Orlando : a cinematic adventure, the director's cut edition" and I have to say that it has A LOT of character animations!!! In fact it has more character animations than 3-4 regular adventure games! It's really impressive. :)

I haven't played it much yet (just for 30 minutes) but I have found 2 small bad things : the speech is not as good as the graphics, the interface is a little strange, and one REALLY bad thing : it is using the windows save system (remember myst & riven) which I hate. :(

PS. This game was never pulished in Greece, and the copy I have is from a greek magazine (magazines are a very good way to buy good games for a very cheap price, that is ofcouse if you don't care if the game is 2-3-4 years old - and I don't).
fl*p

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
Re:Jack Orlando
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2003, 02:22:31 PM »

I remeber playing a demo long long time ago. I enjoyed the demo back than, but the reviews of the full game weren't very good, if I remember correctly. Unfortunately it haven't been published here neither.
It's a Polish game, isn't it?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2003, 02:22:57 PM by Mnemonic »
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

odnorf

• w00t?
  • Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Lamp dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2003, 02:37:26 PM »

I remeber playing a demo long long time ago. I enjoyed the demo back than, but the reviews of the full game weren't very good, if I remember correctly. Unfortunately it haven't been published here neither.

I really don't care much about reviews. They usually suck! Most of them are made by people that don't know sh*t about adventures.

It's a Polish game, isn't it?

I think.
fl*p

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2003, 03:44:44 PM »

I really don't care much about reviews. They usually suck! Most of them are made by people that don't know sh*t about adventures.

OK, I'll wait for *your* review ;)
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

odnorf

• w00t?
  • Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Lamp dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2003, 12:30:31 PM »

There are two versions : the first one which has many-many-many bugs and the "director's cut" (the version I have) which was designed from the beginning (even the graphics were recreated).

Which version have you played?

I said in one of previous posts the "Jack Orland" doesn't have very good speech. I have to change this line to "it has VERY BAD speech"... it's definetely one of the worst that I have heard in an adventure game. But the rest of the game is very good so far.

More informations will come in the next days... stay tuned... :)
fl*p

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2003, 12:36:24 PM »

Which version have you played?

I suppose it was the original one; DOS version. The demo contained a scene in a hotel, but that's all I remember :-)

EDIT: I remember one more thing: the game has been creating snippets of in-game scripts in c:\  That caught my attention :) Probably some forgotten debugging stuff.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2003, 12:38:40 PM by Mnemonic »

odnorf

• w00t?
  • Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Lamp dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2003, 12:55:38 PM »

Yeah... that must be the first original version... Well from what I have read the "director's cut" (more a "remake") is much better.

EDIT: I remember one more thing: the game has been creating snippets of in-game scripts in c:\  That caught my attention  Probably some forgotten debugging stuff.

:) :) :) This must be one of the thousands of bugs the game had (as fas as I know it was almost unplayble).
fl*p

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 19 queries.