Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum rules - please read before posting, it can save you a lot of time.

Author Topic: Spot Lights not working  (Read 3740 times)

FogGobbler

• Regular poster
    • View Profile
Spot Lights not working
« on: August 16, 2007, 04:54:12 PM »

Hi!

The spotlights have no effect on my character and I´ve tried every kind of setting. Sometimes I get a very tiny light effect on the character, but mostly it stays black.
Could it be an exporting problem, because I use Cinema4D to export the 3ds geometry? 
And does anybody use Cinema 4D and have working spot lights?

Thanks,
Oli

« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 03:46:11 PM by FogGobbler »

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
Re: Spot Lights not working
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2007, 12:07:35 PM »

Spotlights range should always work, since they define both the light position and light target. Now the question is, what exactly C4D exports.
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

FogGobbler

• Regular poster
    • View Profile
Re: Spot Lights not working
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2007, 04:56:54 PM »

Hi!

Sorry to pick up this thread again, but I still haven´t found the fault and I can´t get the spotlights to work.

This is what I do and what happens:

When I create a light in C4D I place the light-target on the floor of my scene. Then I export the scene to 3ds. When I reload the 3ds file to check what happened, the target isn´t on the floor any more, but floats quite a bit above it.

Could this explain why only my characters shoulders are lit and not the entire figure?

To Mnemonic : Would it be possible to add a couple of light functions to set the target, the intensity, the range, the falloff etc by script (like the color function or the enable/disable function) so that these values override the ones that are saved in the 3ds file.
Then I could only place a dummy object in the scene, get its position and change all the other settings by script.

By scripting the intensity /falloff range I could also create a fireplace/candle effect or am I wrong? That would be great!

Thanks and many greetings,
Oli

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 20 queries.