Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Latest WME version: WME 1.9.1 (January 1st, 2010) - download

Author Topic: Slow SaveGame() & LoadGame() when in fullscreen?  (Read 8613 times)

Sothoth

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Slow SaveGame() & LoadGame() when in fullscreen?
« on: July 24, 2013, 02:51:47 PM »

Hi! I don't know if this is a known issue (I've done a quick search and I didn't found anything).

Using the wme_demo_3d project, running with 1.10.1beta, "save game" and "load game" features are noticeable much slower in fullscreen rather than in windowed mode. When in fullscreen, you can see a progress bar in the bottom of the screen, from left to right. In windowed mode, save and load are almost instantaneous.

"Maintain aspect ratio" and "Use desktop resolution" options doesn't change anything about this issue.

There isn't a big issue, indeed, but I'd like to know if this is an already reported issue or maybe there's a problem with my system configuration or anything.

Thank you very much!

Sothoth
Sorry for my poor English! :(

dongo

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Slow SaveGame() & LoadGame() when in fullscreen?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 03:38:26 PM »

the 3d demo on wintermute don't use the new quicksave parameter for save games, but there are a problem with save games with wme 1.10.1. here you can see the specification --->http://forum.dead-code.org/index.php?topic=5221.0 i don't know if this problem affect the 3d demo proyect.

in the new version, there are a new parameter named QuickSave that no exist in old version, and the 3d demo project is older, maybe its hasn't got this parameter implement in the proyect...

i dont know about the difference between save on window, and save on full screen, maybe its the screen size.

for this maybe, its can take many time the 3d  proyect to save, than  new projects with the quicksave parameter.. but only its a supposition.

See the wme 1.10.1 specification on the web before and maybe you can find the answer of time for the time to save games.

i recomend you that create a new proyect with the quicksave parameter implemented and test it..

sorry for my english...XD

Sothoth

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Slow SaveGame() & LoadGame() when in fullscreen?
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 11:27:25 PM »

Thank you very much, dongo :). I'd just realized that the issue is due to VSync. Disabling it (as I tell in http://forum.dead-code.org/index.php?topic=5532.0 ) solves the issue.

Cheers,

Sorry for my poor English! :(

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 20 queries.