Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Latest WME version: WME 1.9.1 (January 1st, 2010) - download

Author Topic: Inventory and Windows...  (Read 6866 times)

Jerrot

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
Inventory and Windows...
« on: March 16, 2003, 04:03:48 PM »

And another one... just want to know, if this is possible.
I opened a window (yes, that %
Mooh!

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
Re:Inventory and Windows...
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2003, 04:56:49 PM »

Yes, there *is* a trick :) Add this line to your verbbar definition:

IN_GAME = TRUE

Windows marked as "in-game" are being drawn before the inventory. It was meant for other purposes but should work for the verbbar as well.
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

Scarpia

• Occasional poster
  • Rich kid trash web designer :-P
    • View Profile
    • junk dot dk
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2003, 06:16:48 PM »

Jerrot, when that SCUMM-like interface you're making, is functional (in what, three decades or something? ;D), will you be releasing the code? Or a tutorial? Or anything?

Scarpia

Jerrot

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2003, 12:32:48 AM »

@Mnemonic: Why ain't I surprised ?  :D Thank you, I'll check this out next week.

Jerrot, when that SCUMM-like interface you're making, is functional (in what, three decades or something? ;D), will you be releasing the code? Or a tutorial? Or anything?

Actually it's for that purpose only, I won't use or need that interface for myself, it was just that idea from the wishlist forum. I will release the code and write some little tutorial/instructions, I guess there will be enough place to optimize anyway, but it's almost finished and working (as an example). I hope to complete it next week, I have to travel around this week. :P
Mooh!

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2003, 08:20:52 AM »

Great! In the meantime I'm working on the viewport thingie. Unfortunately I'll be away too for several days this week.  :-\
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

Scarpia

• Occasional poster
  • Rich kid trash web designer :-P
    • View Profile
    • junk dot dk
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2003, 07:03:49 PM »

Jerrot: Cool, that's soooo the attitude we need ;P

About that, what font are you using for the verb buttons? I've been looking for a Monkey-Island-Interface-font clone but can't seem to find one anywhere....

Scarpia

Jerrot

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2003, 09:00:31 PM »

Hi Scarpia,

Jerrot: Cool, that's soooo the attitude we need ;P
About that, what font are you using for the verb buttons? I've been looking for a Monkey-Island-Interface-font clone but can't seem to find one anywhere....
Uh, wait!! I only want to write some global structure for a verb bar and a tutorial how to work with, how to change or expand it. Just to show what's possible with WME and to have a working template to start with. I don't really care about the design...!

But about that font, hmm, well - up to now I made graphic buttons for the verbs, so it's up to everyone how to design them. I guess you could also leave them blank and use a text caption on it instead, but I built some "special" function you could miss that way:

(I don't know where I stole this from, maybe Monkey1 ?)
You can use your verbs by the left mouse button as used, click on verb, click on object. I don't know if this will work with "Use" too, because I didn't work with the inventory/items up to now and I'm not quite sure, if I can control it the way I'd like to, are there low-level events like "LeftClick" on items in your inventory ? Hmmm... we will see.

But (*tadaaa* pronouncing the first feature!) you can predefine an action (for every object) to the right mouse button.

For example: when you move the mouse over the "Old Guy", a special hover effect is shown on your verb "Talk To". If you click the right mouse button, you will use that predefined action on the object.

Uh, hard to describe - just wait for the first alpha version next week.  :D

Mooh!

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 19 queries.