Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This forum provides RSS feed. To query recent posts use this url. More...

Author Topic: Bug or Feature - overwritten startup.settings in packages  (Read 7639 times)

metamorphium

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Vampires!
    • View Profile
    • CBE  software s.r.o.
Bug or Feature - overwritten startup.settings in packages
« on: March 04, 2012, 10:12:10 PM »

Hi there,

I am developing J.U.L.I.A. Untold which uses the wme lite structure:

xdevice_phone.dcp (where we want to store startup.settings with 960x640 resolution) - lower priority
xdevice_tablet.dcp (where we want to store startup.settings with 1024x768 resolution) - higher priority

However the problem is, that Project Manager saves the default values into startup.settings in all packages regardless of priority during compilation thus effectively destroying my idea. :)

I workaround that by setting startup.settings as a ReadOnly file which works, but I'd like to ask if there's a better way how to deal with multiple resolution or if this can be fixed?

Thank you!
J.U.L.I.A. Enhanced Edition, Vampires!, J.U.L.I.A., J.U.L.I.A. Untold, Ghost in the Sheet

MaaS

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Bug or Feature - overwritten startup.settings in packages
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 12:50:59 AM »

Hi!

Did you manage to work with various resolutions? may I ask... how was your work pipeline?

I'm doing some test, on iphone4 and ipad1... so my resolutions right now are 960x640 and 1024x768, but maybe there are a few more (Mac and PC, iphone 3G/3GS and ipad3)... anyway I'm trying to figure out how to plan my work to deal with several resolutions, and one project.

Thanks!! :)

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 24 queries.