Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This forum provides RSS feed. To query recent posts use this url. More...

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Author Topic: Limbo of the Lost UK release  (Read 84563 times)

SBOVIS

• Frequent poster
  • FORGET REALITY SURRENDER TO YOUR DARKEST DREAMS
    • View Profile
    • LIMBO of the LOST
Limbo of the Lost UK release
« on: March 17, 2008, 05:29:04 PM »

Hi,
    We have just had confirmation from our publisher that the game has been released in UK, web release so far, shop retail to follow and Europe. Also we have just signed a contract with a USA publisher to publish the game there.

::rock to WINTERMUTE!!
kind Regards
Steve Bovis
MAJESTIC STUDIOS

Alex ASP

• Lurker
    • View Profile
    • Russian adventure web portal
Re: Limbo of the Lost UK release
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 08:00:19 AM »

Russian release of this game was on March 14 according to the publisher's website (http://games.1c.ru/limbo/). Congratulations!

SBOVIS

• Frequent poster
    • View Profile
    • LIMBO of the LOST
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 01:07:05 PM »

Hi,
    Many thanks, and thanks for the info regarding the RUSSAIN release, Never knew this until today hahahahahha  :D
kind Regards
Steve Bovis
MAJESTIC STUDIOS

Orange Brat

• Regular poster
    • View Profile
    • Orange Brat Shenanigans™
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 08:30:50 AM »

Congrats! Was the game a success sales-wise in the US?
The Disenfranchised™ - coming later

SBOVIS

• Frequent poster
    • View Profile
    • LIMBO of the LOST
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2008, 11:06:54 AM »

Hi Orange Brat,
                     Has not been released yet in USA, contract signed, packaging being approved, will let you all know when a release date is set.

Thanks  ::rock
kind Regards
Steve Bovis
MAJESTIC STUDIOS

MMR

• Global Moderator
  • Frequent poster
  • http://mmrdeveloper.wordpress.com/
    • View Profile
    • TinyWME
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2008, 11:12:32 AM »

Hi SBOVIS!

Do you plan to release it in Spain??

Greetings!

SBOVIS

• Frequent poster
    • View Profile
    • LIMBO of the LOST
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2008, 11:15:09 AM »

Hi,
    At the moment we are lookig for an European publisher to publish in Germany, France, Spain and Italy.

A UK english version can be bought now though but not a localised version for the above.....................yet.  ;D
kind Regards
Steve Bovis
MAJESTIC STUDIOS

Alex ASP

• Lurker
    • View Profile
    • Russian adventure web portal
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2008, 11:37:26 AM »

Heh... Russian publishers can release any game they got cheap (though I was really surprised you've managed to sign with "1C")... It seems you need to work hard to attract the european publisher... "Just Adventure" IMHO gave your game much greater score then it deserves... Don't want to be too harsh but how on earth have you managed to make all the mistakes possible in adventure games? 8-0 The brightest side of the game is chapter 3 but even it can't stop me giving the game 15 of 100. I'm really deranged...

SBOVIS

• Frequent poster
    • View Profile
    • LIMBO of the LOST
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2008, 11:41:54 AM »

Thank you Alex ASP for your feedback, everyone is entitled to their opinion. The setup for the RUSSIAN release was done through G2 GAMES our UK publisher and not direct by ourselves.

and yes....................I agree you are deranged!
kind Regards
Steve Bovis
MAJESTIC STUDIOS

Gentlemen

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2008, 06:17:08 AM »

I'm amazed  O0

How could you have the cajones to release a game with stolen content, and stand by it so proud?

Here is some information for users of this forum to take into account before reading any further posts by you.

Limbo of the Lost stole content from many games. The biggest example is Elder Scrolls: Oblivion. It was not just the textures that were stolen, but the actual levels themselves. I noticed some content from Diablo II in your preview video as well. The only thing I can say is.. you wasted 10+ years on that? Really? Hah.

Link with side by side screenshots: http://www.gameplasma.com/limbo_of_the_lost_or_oblivion/
Link confirming the creator of Oblivion is seeking legal action: http://www.strategyinformer.com/news/1343/bethesda-legal-team-looking-into-limbo-of-the-lost

SBOVIS, do you have any comments? Pro Tip: Don't try to mess with the internets... You will nevar win.

metamorphium

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Vampires!
    • View Profile
    • CBE  software s.r.o.
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2008, 07:35:44 AM »

This is a sad day for us independent developers. I fear our work will be even less accepted by publishers "thanks" to affairs like this.  Our games are published because of trust publishers place into our games and with such events we can easily lose this privilege. If every game will fall under precious scrutiny for "stolen contents", they rather save the money for titles guaranteed by bigger studios.

SBOVIS  - I strongly recommend you NEVER EVER write on this forum. I don't think anyone here would help you with your copy/paste code requests anyway.
J.U.L.I.A. Enhanced Edition, Vampires!, J.U.L.I.A., J.U.L.I.A. Untold, Ghost in the Sheet

FogGobbler

• Regular poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2008, 09:32:59 AM »

I totally agree with you, metamorphium! I couldn´t believe my eyes when I saw the screenshots. I think its okay to be inspired by other games but to copy whole screens like that is really too much.

I wonder why my team and I spend so much time on double-checking if we can use a texture/soundfile that we´ve found on the internet for a commercial product..

It´s so much easier to just press "screencopy" .. and voilá you´ve got a "new" game.. ::thumbdown

Sorry for being so sarcastic about this, but I´m really sour, but this affair won´t make it easier for us to find a publisher...

metamorphium

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Vampires!
    • View Profile
    • CBE  software s.r.o.
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2008, 10:51:52 AM »

Judging by the number of game assets which made it into Limbo of the Lost, I think that even if 2 of the companies sued Majestic Studios, those guys will never make it in one piece.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limbo_of_the_Lost#Controversy

The game features apparently stolen graphics that, according to news site GamePlasma and fanboy community NeoGAF, are identical to the game The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.[1] Further screenshots and video have suggested[2] that environments and features have also been stolen from Diablo II, Painkiller, Unreal Tournament 2003, Unreal Tournament 2004, Thief: Deadly Shadows, The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, Silent Hill 4, Crysis, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, scenes from the 1997 film Spawn, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, World of Warcraft and other bad games and movies.

J.U.L.I.A. Enhanced Edition, Vampires!, J.U.L.I.A., J.U.L.I.A. Untold, Ghost in the Sheet

niksha

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2008, 11:00:49 AM »

Heh, I have been following Wintermute's development since day one.. but never registered or posted once (just lurking :P). So I was really surprised when I found someone using it to plagiarize on this epic scale. I mean the news is on every game site and I have seen stuff similar to not only Oblivion but UT maps as well. Developers sometimes use texture packs to sound or even model packs so things might end up looking similar from one game to another.. but the big guys don't use model packs, and Limbo just ripped off the whole damn locations somehow expecting that no one will ever notice. I don't think they even tried moving a brick in the scene to make it look different.

I just hope this doesn't bring bad name to Indies or Wintermute as well..
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 11:05:51 AM by niksha »

HarryTuttle

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2008, 12:57:59 PM »

Seriously, I've never met anybody in my life stupid enough to do anything like that. It's a mystery to me. Especially with an engine as excellent as Wintermute. You've brought the worst kind of disrepute on yourself by doing this. I would never buy anything ever published by you and I hope the entire planet will follow suit.

Just nakedly lifting out screenshots from other games and using stolen assets is so absurd it is the kind of lunacy you would expect from Russia. I think the communists must be putting something in the drinking water over there, seriously.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.