Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum rules - please read before posting, it can save you a lot of time.

Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: What do you hate about WME?  (Read 27577 times)

Darky

• Supporter
  • Regular poster
    • View Profile
    • Spreadcamp
Re: What do you hate about WME?
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2010, 05:49:55 AM »

I'm working on a new scene right now and got some more stuff I kind of hate and would like in WME2:

1. Direct Placement of actual .entity objects in SceneEdit without loading them over script
2. Ability to scale and rotate objects within the tools, especially SceneEdit

Also I'd like to mention I didn't read all follow-up posts but I agree with most of the points of others as well (like Zoom-Function for SceneEdit, etc.)

Late-Late Afteredit: I hate that I can't select multiple items in SceneEdit. I wanted to move a few items at once around to a new location incl. a region entity, but it's not possible :(
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 11:33:57 PM by Darky »

Slapdash

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2010, 02:51:28 PM »

I'm working on a new scene right now and got some more stuff I kind of hate and would like in WME2:

1. Direct Placement of actual .entity objects in SceneEdit without loading them over script
2. Ability to scale and rotate objects within the tools, especially SceneEdit

Late-Late Afteredit: I hate that I can't select multiple items in SceneEdit. I wanted to move a few items at once around to a new location incl. a region entity, but it's not possible :(

Definitely  ::thumbup
+1

sychron

• Wanderer zwischen den Welten
  • Global Moderator
  • Regular poster
  • There is no spoon. The enemy gate is down!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2010, 02:02:47 AM »

I hate most that I have to compile my modules into ogg files for delivering them with wintermute -- for modules are much smaller and sound better when played back natively ... second pro for modules: music fadings can be done more subtle, just imagine unreal 1. Just change the playback order, when the scene changes, and the module will play different parts of the same tune.

Second most hated fact is the current default language support only works through packages. This idea is great for deploying native products for every country, and for downloadable language packs, so I won't encourage you to drop it -- it works as intendet. BUT it would be very nice to have an ingame language switching support as well, for games which should be distributed in one version for different countries. Szenarios include (but are not limited to) advertisement games deployed at fairs, where you just cannot decide which language suits your current customer best. We found a workaround for this in The White Chamber, and a native support for different languages in one distribution is not very hard to do on side of the engine.
... delete the inner sleep ...
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 21 queries.