Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum rules - please read before posting, it can save you a lot of time.

Author Topic: 3d actors walk through each other  (Read 3630 times)

Akmoznoh

• Lurker
    • View Profile
3d actors walk through each other
« on: February 03, 2005, 01:34:48 AM »

Hello all,
I hope I won´t repeat anybody´s else question, but I didn´t find answer for my problem here - I hope somebody could help me.
I have two 3d actors in my scene, one of them actor, the other one just a character (NPC - is that right?). The problem is: when i click to walk somewhere and the "character" is in the way, my actor walks through him. Is there any way how to avoid this? So that the actor would stop or walk another way to the click-point? I think I´ve found a solution fo 2d characters (setting a blocked region with points that moves with the character/actor) - but it didn´t work with 3d actors. Is there any way how to solve this? Thank you...

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
Re: 3d actors walk through each other
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2005, 09:32:55 AM »

Unfortunately currently there's not an equivalent function available for 3D characters. The only way is to "fake" it. For example if the second character does not move, create a static blocked area within scene where the character is standing, or make him move only to several places within scene and enable/disable blocked areas around the character...

Not a perfect solution, indeed. I'm going to add a function similar to character's own blocked area which will move together with the character.
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

Akmoznoh

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2005, 06:04:59 PM »

Wow, thanks anyway. Amazingly fast answer. I think I will follow your advice, it´s definitely not that bad... ;)

Erlin

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2009, 01:06:20 PM »

Sorry for gravedigging, but its there any progress since 2005?

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2009, 03:32:43 PM »

When using 2D pathfinding, the 3D actors can have a movable blocked region attached to them, so they can't walk through each other. Lookup "BLOCKED_REGION" in the docs.
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 20 queries.