Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This forum provides RSS feed. To query recent posts use this url. More...

Author Topic: "Error loading the settings file"  (Read 3104 times)

rayuts

• Lurker
    • View Profile
"Error loading the settings file"
« on: November 20, 2008, 02:20:12 AM »

Hi,

I work on a PC with Vista installed on it. I have recently started using the Wintermute Project Manager, and have had a few problems. When I first opened the manager, and tried opening a .sprite file, it appeared on a black background, and since the .png file in that directory was moslty black with very little white in it, it almost completely disappeared. The next time I tried, it wouldn't open the file at all, popping up a window reading "Error loading the settings file". Restarting the computer, re-pasting the files in the directory and eventually uninstalling and reinstalling the program didn't help. It still popps up that message.
Is there any way to fix this?

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
Re: "Error loading the settings file"
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 07:36:31 AM »

In your project directory, in the "data" subdirectory there is a file called "startup.settings". In your project this file is probably either missing or corrupted. You can copy this file from one of the demo projects shipped with WME, that should fix the problem. You'll have to re-set your project settings afterwards, though.
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 20 queries.