Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

IRC channel - server: waelisch.de  channel: #wme (read more)

Author Topic: flickering actor responding on area shade ??  (Read 3437 times)

Stucki

• Frequent poster
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
    • Schach-Welten
flickering actor responding on area shade ??
« on: July 26, 2004, 02:41:09 PM »

Hi all you brilliant people.

Another two from stupid me.

first:
Okay. now i got the thing with the flickering light. and i used it also on my actor. looks stupid if everything is flickering and the main actor stays unaffected.
so i use the same script on the actor and it works fine. only the regions i have defined to darken or lighten up the actor do not work anymore. is it possible to get both effects working at the same time ???

second:
i want al the talking to appear in a window on the bottom of the page with a semitransparent background. what do i have to change ?? sorry if a ask to much .... just have to say if so ...

Greetings
stucki

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
Re: flickering actor responding on area shade ??
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2004, 06:55:56 PM »

first:
Okay. now i got the thing with the flickering light. and i used it also on my actor. looks stupid if everything is flickering and the main actor stays unaffected.
so i use the same script on the actor and it works fine. only the regions i have defined to darken or lighten up the actor do not work anymore. is it possible to get both effects working at the same time ???
No, that's not possible, unfortunately. Actor's AlphaColor always overrides the region lighting. You'd have to combine the RGB values somehow in the script to set up the regions to the right shade..

second:
i want al the talking to appear in a window on the bottom of the page with a semitransparent background. what do i have to change ?? sorry if a ask to much .... just have to say if so ...
Try checking this thread for a similar problem: http://forum.dead-code.org/index.php?topic=475.0

In your case you'd want to override the Talk method of your actors to display the text in the window instead of a subtitle. I'd swear there was a thread here about this, but I can't seem to find it.

EDIT: Got it. Not exactly the same situation, but at least it explains the approach. If you need more help just ask.
http://forum.dead-code.org/index.php?topic=469.0
« Last Edit: July 26, 2004, 06:59:31 PM by Mnemonic »
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 23 queries.