Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

IRC channel - server: waelisch.de  channel: #wme (read more)

Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: 3D actor still visible when behind an object?  (Read 10885 times)

design3d

• Sci-Fi fan
  • Supporter
  • Regular poster
  • I, Driller :)
    • View Profile
Re: 3D actor still visible when behind an object?
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2007, 11:49:29 PM »

That's why I wish there would be a separate tutorial that deals with 3D actors in detail.
I would think that the majority of games developed with WME are using 3D actors?
Yes, as the poll shows majority goes in 2.5D. But most (commercial/ demo/ contest) games were done in 2D technique (please correct me if I'm wrong). I mean it is not that clear that 3D-majority is really bigger than 2D-minority (Ok. Trying not to lose sense here)
And both techniques are pretty similar in use (and I think complementary to each other too) to separate them yet. But with so many cool features Mnemonic added recently perhaps it will be necessary to add 3D tutorial (or maybe I'm just dreaming ::) ).

I'm trying to get a game started for real. I have several ideas, but like most beginners
I guess, I'm still in shock over how difficult this really is..  ::)
Awesome! ::thumbup Agree it IS difficult especially when you're one-man-team. Have you got team-mates in this battle for glory?  ::beer

Dr.Gonzo

• Next please!
  • Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2007, 05:09:53 PM »

Awesome! ::thumbup Agree it IS difficult especially when you're one-man-team. Have you got team-mates in this battle for glory?  ::beer
Well, I started out thinking that I could pull this off just by myself, but I'm starting to wonder..
I understand that it took 35 people and a year and a half to make Syberia 2 ?  :o
Dr.Gonzo

design3d

• Sci-Fi fan
  • Supporter
  • Regular poster
  • I, Driller :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2007, 12:03:54 AM »

Yeah Syberia is good example for newbies to look at in long term. For more realistic approach I prefer think of simple contest game first and maybe (after long hard thinking) next step is a demo made by small team. It's hard to compete with quality many developers show if you are alone. Or the game you work on should be for fun/ experience/ whatever-non-commercial-purpose only IMHO.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 20 queries.