Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Latest WME version: WME 1.9.1 (January 1st, 2010) - download

Author Topic: 3D Actor fragmotion export  (Read 4352 times)

ARSoftware

• Lurker
    • View Profile
    • ARSoftware
3D Actor fragmotion export
« on: September 15, 2007, 02:17:07 PM »

Hi all,

I have a 3d character that I've rigged and animated in Fragmotion. It has two animation sequences 'Idle' and 'Walk'.

Everything looks perfect in Fragmotion but when I import the actor into WME the characters arms seem to be stuck midway between out-straight and to his sides. Both animations are set to have the arms by the characters sides, by the normal skeleton state is with arms out straight.

Is there any reason for this? Or should the model have been set up with the arms by the side by default.

It also appears with the walk sequence that the steps are a lot shallower than the fragmotion preview.

And finally, when the character is moving in WME the motion seems to be a little stuttery. I've tried changing the VELOCITY flag in the .act3d file but that doesn't seem to help. The animations in the .x file are set to 20fps, but I also tried 10fps.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Development PC: Athlon64 3800+, GeForce 8800GTS 640Mb, Vista Home Premium, 2Gb RAM

metamorphium

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Vampires!
    • View Profile
    • CBE  software s.r.o.
Re: 3D Actor fragmotion export
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2007, 10:45:37 PM »

Do you have keyframe defined on each bone on the first frame in each animation?
J.U.L.I.A. Enhanced Edition, Vampires!, J.U.L.I.A., J.U.L.I.A. Untold, Ghost in the Sheet

ARSoftware

• Lurker
    • View Profile
    • ARSoftware
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2007, 08:21:25 AM »

Yes, I followed a tutorial for setting up the model and animating it. The tutorial got me to keyframe every bone on each of the keyframes.

redfox

• Regular poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2007, 11:49:27 AM »

Which version of Fragmotion are you using? I found that export in Fragmotion 0.9 can be a little 'strange' at times. Do you use multi weighted bone assignments? Perhaps not all the weighting is being saved into the X file.

ARSoftware

• Lurker
    • View Profile
    • ARSoftware
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2007, 12:44:37 PM »

The Fragmotion is version 0.91a I believe. I'll see if I can try a different version.

And, yes, the knee vertices are assigned to two points at a weight of (0.5) and I think I did the same at the elbow joints. I'll try reassigning them.

redfox

• Regular poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2007, 12:56:28 PM »

Multi weighted bone assignments should export fine, but I found that there is an ocasional glitch when saving an X file with them, so it could just be that.

ARSoftware

• Lurker
    • View Profile
    • ARSoftware
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2007, 01:45:48 PM »

Amazing, you were right. Many thanks.

I removed all the vertice assignments and set them up again, but this time I didn't make any multi-assignments, and it worked. The character is now standing correctly (hands down by his side) and is animating correctly (walking properly rather than if he's had an accident :) )

Thanks again.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 20 queries.