Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum rules - please read before posting, it can save you a lot of time.

Author Topic: Fallout: Yurop  (Read 13078 times)

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
Fallout: Yurop
« on: July 23, 2003, 03:21:03 PM »

Are there any Fallout lovers around here? If so, you might find this project interesting as much as I do :) I'm really curious how it's gonna turn out.

http://fallout.kelocnet.cz/indexe.php
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

odnorf

• w00t?
  • Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Lamp dog!
    • View Profile
Re:Fallout: Yurop
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2003, 05:02:51 PM »

Those projects/efforts are always interesting :) I'll keep an eye on this project, althought I can't play Fallout 1 & 2 on win2000 (don't know why, haven't really search it much). Thanks for sharing the link with us Jan.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2003, 05:51:29 PM by odnorf »
fl*p

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2003, 07:50:46 AM »

althought I can't play Fallout 1 & 2 on win2000 (don't know why, haven't really search it much).

That's a shame, because Fallout r.o.c.k.s. The player's freedom is simply amazing. I'd really like to see something like that in an adventure game...
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

McCoy

• The cocido eater
  • Frequent poster
  • Spurrrrrrring
    • View Profile
    • Spur Games
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2003, 09:09:51 AM »

Fallout is one of my favourte RPG games... I like it even more than Baldur's Gate... Thanx Jan for this cool link! ...BTW, I like Fallout 1 more than Fallout 2... well, who cares  ;D

Click here to sign my sig!

odnorf

• w00t?
  • Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Lamp dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2003, 10:38:13 AM »

althought I can't play Fallout 1 & 2 on win2000 (don't know why, haven't really search it much).

That's a shame, because Fallout r.o.c.k.s. The player's freedom is simply amazing. I'd really like to see something like that in an adventure game...

Yeah... I have both of them from magazines but I can't play them :(
fl*p

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2003, 03:56:04 PM »

Fallout is one of my favourte RPG games... I like it even more than Baldur's Gate...
Me too, because I don't play fantasy games at all ;)

BTW, I like Fallout 1 more than Fallout 2... well, who cares  ;D
Right, Fallout 1 had that great dark atmosphere. On the other hand, there are many more possibilies in F2 :)

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2003, 03:57:44 PM »

Yeah... I have both of them from magazines but I can't play them :(
You are missing a LOT. Did you consider installing Win98 / Me as a secondary OS?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2003, 03:58:05 PM by Mnemonic »

odnorf

• w00t?
  • Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Lamp dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2003, 04:54:27 PM »

Me too, because I don't play fantasy games at all ;)

WOW! YOU DON'T PLAY FANTASY GAMES?!?!?!?!?!?!? WHY?

You are missing a LOT. Did you consider installing Win98 / Me as a secondary OS?

Yeah, I have considered this but I really don't like the idea to install win98 which IMO sucks in my pc (I would prefer to reinstall linux, which I had uninstalled the last months for other reasons). It would be better to try to fing a way to play them on win2000, but I haven't done that either because RPGs require a lot of time that I don't want to spent now.

(The last two days I am playing "cannon fodder" again after a lot of years! :) I never liked war games but this is one is really nice :))
« Last Edit: July 24, 2003, 04:56:22 PM by odnorf »
fl*p

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2003, 05:53:45 PM »

WOW! YOU DON'T PLAY FANTASY GAMES?!?!?!?!?!?!? WHY?
I dunno, I'm not much into the fantasy genre. But...ok, I played at least two fantasy games, Dark Sun and Gothic.

(The last two days I am playing "cannon fodder" again after a lot of years! :) I never liked war games but this is one is really nice :))
Yeah, I remember playing Cannon Fodder few years ago. That title screen with new recruits coming and more and more white crosses appearing... what a weird game! ;)

So, you don't like war games? Seems you'll miss most of the czech games then... :P

odnorf

• w00t?
  • Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Lamp dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2003, 06:33:12 PM »

Yeah, I remember playing Cannon Fodder few years ago. That title screen with new recruits coming and more and more white crosses appearing... what a weird game! ;)

I like weird games. I am even trying to create a "weird" game. :)

So, you don't like war games? Seems you'll miss most of the czech games then... :P

I usually don't like action games in general (which means everything except adventures)... But I like rpgs (but not the kill-and-only-kill-diablo-clones-rpgs), and action adventures (like Alone in the dark). And about war games... well, just read my signature :) Note, that I am not saying that war games are bad, but that *I* get bored by them after a few minutes or hours (it depends). Ofcourse there are always exceptions : I have played & finished Dune2 at least 50 times.
EDIT: Keep in mind that I was really young when I was playing Dune2. I wouldn't do the same today :) (Aahhhh.... memories....)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2003, 06:41:40 PM by odnorf »
fl*p

odnorf

• w00t?
  • Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Lamp dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2003, 06:47:00 PM »

I just search the compatibility list at www.ntcompatible.com and there as some really strange instructions on how to make fallout 1 & 2 to run on win2000... But it's possible :) I may try them someday.
fl*p

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2003, 08:02:39 AM »

And about war games... well, just read my signature :) Note, that I am not saying that war games are bad, but that *I* get bored by them after a few minutes or hours (it depends).
Ok, I don't play war games very often, but I *really* enjoyed Operation Flashpoint. Although a wargame, it tries to be very realistic, including the feeling of how cruel the war can be. Plus, the player has complete freedom over his actions (yep, I love games with total freedom to the player).

Ofcourse there are always exceptions : I have played & finished Dune2 at least 50 times.
EDIT: Keep in mind that I was really young when I was playing Dune2. I wouldn't do the same today :) (Aahhhh.... memories....)
Oh yeah! Dune 2 is a classic :) No other RTS has been so addictive (for me, anyway).

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.