Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum rules - please read before posting, it can save you a lot of time.

Author Topic: integrating a hack simulation game with a point and click?  (Read 3698 times)

Tim

• Lurker
    • View Profile
integrating a hack simulation game with a point and click?
« on: August 13, 2015, 05:00:07 PM »

My sister and i are working on a point and click game with lots of hack simulation game elements. The idea is basically you walking around the rooms which have computers in them, clicking the computers will start the hack sim mini game (see Mu complexe for example cool gmae xD). the screen goes black and you need to type commands and such to solve the puzzle

mihaipuiucernea

• Lurker
  • Currently working on Colors on Canvas
    • View Profile
Re: integrating a hack simulation game with a point and click?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 09:09:25 PM »

Are you asking if it's possible to implement such a system? The answer is yes. Wintermute is very powerful. You can make an RPG in Wintermute if you want to.

You will have to be familiar with Wintermute scripting, but it's entirely possible to implement a hacking system.

Tim

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2015, 07:04:42 PM »

Are you asking if it's possible to implement such a system? The answer is yes. Wintermute is very powerful. You can make an RPG in Wintermute if you want to.

You will have to be familiar with Wintermute scripting, but it's entirely possible to implement a hacking system.
Hmm, can you give a general idea of how to do that?

mihaipuiucernea

• Lurker
  • Currently working on Colors on Canvas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2015, 08:54:13 PM »

Depends what exactly you want to do. Something like Uplink can be done with a lot of scripting. I'm afraid you're going to have to learn how to do it yourself as it may be complex.

My advice would be to start easy, familiarize yourself with Wintermute and ASAP start learning the scripting language. Once you master scripting, you will be able to do almost anything you want.

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 23 queries.