Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

IRC channel - server: waelisch.de  channel: #wme (read more)

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: greek translation problems 2  (Read 22125 times)

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
Re:greek translation problems 2
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2003, 02:41:56 PM »

oops, i don't even know gabriel knight... i will have to look for more information about it later...
Well, well, you should do something about that, mister >:(
 ;)

Ok, I'm the whole day in irc anyway... which network ? :)
Ugh, I don't use IRC at all :-[
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

Jerrot

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2003, 02:59:11 PM »

You don't even know GK series? That's strange! :)

:-[ I'm reading on sierra.com right now... don't know why I never heard about it. But currently I'm playing "The Longest Journey" (yeah, quite late, too, I know...) and I hope a package with "Syberia" will arrive me tomorrow. But wow, The Longest Journey is... well I never liked realtime 3d characters too much, but this game is great. And in every scene I'm thinking about how to do this with WME, that's funny - and it would work!

I guess I didn't realize any other adventure games, because adventures always meant "LucasArts" for me. (Ok, them and Broken Sword...)

You ask me for a network to create a #WME channel or in which network I am usually are? (When I am... not very often...)

Uhm, yes, both!  ;D
Mooh!

Jerrot

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2003, 03:09:05 PM »

Hi Mnemonic,

I guess we're stretching the subject again... ;)

You translated CMI ? Say - where do you work, something we should know or are you "freelancer" ? (I don't know whether the word "freelancer" is a German invention... did you know we call our mobiles "Handy" ? Strange!)

Well, well, you should do something about that, mister >:(

:'(  I promise!  
;)

Ugh, I don't use IRC at all :-[

Never mind, you answer faster here than most people on IRC. ;)
Mooh!

odnorf

• w00t?
  • Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Lamp dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2003, 03:09:47 PM »

:-[ I'm reading on sierra.com right now... don't know why I never heard about it. But currently I'm playing "The Longest Journey" (yeah, quite late, too, I know...) and I hope a package with "Syberia" will arrive me tomorrow. But wow, The Longest Journey is... well I never liked realtime 3d characters too much, but this game is great.

Yeah, "The longest Journey" and "Syberia" are great games and they one of the few adventure games where the main character is a woman.... And I don't know if you know it but "Syberia 2" is created as we talk, and a few weeks ago the CEO of Funcom said that they have plans for "The longest Journey 2"

And in every scene I'm thinking about how to do this with WME, that's funny - and it would work!

That happened to me too since I start using the WME!
There is only one thing that can't be done yet... The realtime 3D characters.
EDIT: and that great effect in the first scene when you walk to the left (to the cliff) and the prerendered 2D backgrounds rotates and zooming a little (I have played it a long time ago and I can't remember it exactly).... How did they do THAT?

I guess I didn't realize any other adventure games, because adventures always meant "LucasArts" for me. (Ok, them and Broken Sword...)

LucasArts adventures are my favorites too... but I always keep an eye on all the other companies too because I really love adventures.... Hey, I even choose to create an adventure game for a school project...

Uhm, yes, both!  ;D

Well, I use irc sometimes but I'm not very familiar with it.... I believe that you (as an internet programmer) is the expert into those things...
As for the network I usually am... welll..... irc.gr.irc at #linux....
It's the greek linux channel and we speek greek so it's not the best place if you can't speek greek :)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2003, 03:21:18 PM by odnorf »
fl*p

odnorf

• w00t?
  • Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Lamp dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2003, 03:16:12 PM »

You translated CMI ? Say - where do you work, something we should know or are you "freelancer" ?

He said "Escape from monkey Island" and not "The curse of monkey island"....  ;D
fl*p

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2003, 03:23:51 PM »

I guess we're stretching the subject again... ;)
Yeah, who cares? ;-)

You translated CMI ? Say - where do you work, something we should know or are you "freelancer" ? (I don't know whether the word "freelancer" is a German invention... did you know we call our mobiles "Handy" ? Strange!)
EFMI, not CMI, although I helped with the CMI translation too (a bit).
Well, all those translations I mentioned before were amateur projects (although the GK3 traslation has been recently published as a part of the budget re-edition of GK3).
But, yes, I do work occasionaly for a local distributor, providing technical support for the localizations (as a "freelancer" ;)).
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

Jerrot

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2003, 04:10:52 PM »

Yeah, "The longest Journey" and "Syberia" are great games and they one of the few adventure games where the main character is a woman.... And I don't know if you know it but "Syberia 2" is created as we talk, and a few weeks ago the CEO of Funcom said that they have plans for "The longest Journey 2"

Yes, that's how I discovered these games... I heard about TLJ before, but I suppose there was some freeware AGS game that sounded similiar (and which one is... err... let's see not as advanced as TLJ !), so I didn't care...

There is only one thing that can't be done yet... The realtime 3D characters.

That's too complicated for me anyway... with bones and that stuff... can't image how to script them...

EDIT: and that great effect in the first scene when you walk to the left (to the cliff) and the prerendered 2D backgrounds rotates and zooming a little (I have played it a long time ago and I can't remember it exactly).... How did they do THAT?

There is just a parallex scrolling with 3 layers, but it's done very nice indeed! And you can do this with WME. ;)

Well, I use irc sometimes but I'm not very familiar with it.... I believe that you (as an internet programmer) is the expert into those things...

Ok, I just thought... because you mentioned it. :) IRC was what I called internet a (not too) long time ago, well, IRC and newsgroups. Never heard of WWW at that time... !

Just looked up your greek #linux-channel, but after one minute I finally decided that I don't understand the Greek language. ;-)
Mooh!

odnorf

• w00t?
  • Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Lamp dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2003, 04:36:11 PM »

There is just a parallex scrolling with 3 layers, but it's done very nice indeed! And you can do this with WME. ;)

Really?... I don't remember that (I'm installing it now to check it). It really looks great! But I don't think that you can do it with WME because the engine decides by itself how to scroll it's layers.... It would be great to be able to do the scrolling with scripting. ...hm... mnemonic? are you reading this? (sorry for the feature request in the "how do I..." forum)

Just looked up your greek #linux-channel, but after one minute I finally decided that I don't understand the Greek language. ;-)

;D Actually what you saw is called "greeklish" = greek + english. Greek text with english characters so that if a greek person lives in germany -for example :)- and has no greek support in his OS would be able ti read it.... ;)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2003, 04:38:22 PM by odnorf »
fl*p

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2003, 06:38:49 PM »

But I don't think that you can do it with WME because the engine decides by itself how to scroll it's layers.... It would be great to be able to do the scrolling with scripting. ...hm... mnemonic? are you reading this?
It *is* possible. If you set Game.MainObject to null, the game will stop adjusting the scrolling automatically. Then you can use Scene.ScrollTo method to make it scroll to a certain position.

Jerrot

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2003, 10:35:47 PM »

Really?... I don't remember that (I'm installing it now to check it). It really looks great! But I don't think that you can do it with WME because the engine decides by itself how to scroll it's layers.... It would be great to be able to do the scrolling with scripting.

Hm, although this is possible by scripting, I don't think you have to do this. Even if the engine "decides how to scroll its layers" it follows rules and I guess that scene would be possible just by telling the engine correct values for the size of the layers. Isn't it the same as in the wme demo and the values for e.g. the sky layer ? That's really good described in the documentation (not joking this time!  ;) !).

I just started the game again to have a look at it - the FIRST step away from the cliff seems to be scrolled "manually" somehow, but the rest is normal parallex scrolling. And besides it's just cool to say stuff like "oh, just normal parallex scrolling, nothing special about it..."  ;) ;D

;D Actually what you saw is called "greeklish" = greek + english. Greek text with english characters so that if a greek person lives in germany -for example :)- and has no greek support in his OS would be able ti read it.... ;)

Well, a good example I can work with, how did you get...  ::) Anyway I can only read Greek characters that are physical symbols, so I feel better here...
Mooh!

odnorf

• w00t?
  • Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Lamp dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2003, 11:02:17 PM »

Well, a good example I can work with, how did you get...  ::) Anyway I can only read Greek characters that are physical symbols, so I feel better here...

How did I get... that you are from germany? :)
Well, you have to put it in your profile and you said it in the "#600" post the General section...
fl*p

Jerrot

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2003, 11:34:49 PM »

How did I get... that you are from germany? :)
Well, you have to put it in your profile and you said it in the "#600" post the General section...

:) I know... i was just kidding. It's sometimes difficult to transfer a quite dry sense of humor to a message board - in a different language! So just don't mind me writing stupid stuff - it could have been a (bad) joke.  ;)
Mooh!

odnorf

• w00t?
  • Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Lamp dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2003, 11:48:15 PM »

:) I know... i was just kidding. It's sometimes difficult to transfer a quite dry sense of humor to a message board - in a different language! So just don't mind me writing stupid stuff - it could have been a (bad) joke.  ;)

Heh, heh! I knew you were kidding and I was kidding you! I just wanted to see your reply ;D
fl*p

Jerrot

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2003, 11:56:24 PM »

Heh, heh! I knew you were kidding and I was kidding you! I just wanted to see your reply ;D

"I'll skewer you, like a sow at a buffet."  8)
Mooh!

odnorf

• w00t?
  • Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Lamp dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2003, 12:02:32 AM »

Well, Jerrot, it seem that we have made this message board an irc channel (and it's pretty difficult with all those problems) :)

So.... goodnight.... it's 2.01 here and my girlfriend is already in bed... what am I doing here? :)
fl*p
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 23 queries.