Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This forum provides RSS feed. To query recent posts use this url. More...

Author Topic: Writing activity log in game  (Read 2309 times)

Wulfstan

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Writing activity log in game
« on: April 11, 2010, 09:47:57 PM »

Hi, I am fairly new to Wintermute, so please accept my apologies if this is an obvious question (I have tried to look for it in the documentation/forums but you can never be 100% sure...)

I am aware of a function in debug mode that can make a log to the debug file - so far I am putting 'Game.LOG("player did such-and-such");' for every possible action in order to log the player's activity. I was wondering whether there was a way of getting the game to write a similar log when the game wasn't in debug mode?

The reason for this is that I'm trying to develop a prototype training and assessment tool in Wintermute for a course I'm doing and it would be handy if the game didn't need to be run in debug mode in order for such a log to be made.

Thanks in advance for any responses, and thanks very much to Mnemonic for making such a great engine!

metamorphium

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Vampires!
    • View Profile
    • CBE  software s.r.o.
Re: Writing activity log in game
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 09:51:16 PM »

you can make your own logging. Simply look up the File object in documentation which can handle file operations. This way you can do your own custom method of logging.
J.U.L.I.A. Enhanced Edition, Vampires!, J.U.L.I.A., J.U.L.I.A. Untold, Ghost in the Sheet

Wulfstan

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Writing activity log in game
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 09:54:10 PM »

Excellent, thank you very much metamorphium.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 20 queries.