Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

IRC channel - server: waelisch.de  channel: #wme (read more)

Author Topic: Looking for grafix designer  (Read 10836 times)

Adventureforall

• Lurker
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Looking for grafix designer
« on: May 27, 2003, 08:48:47 PM »

Hey,

I'm planning to make sequels off the most popular adventure games Sierra ever made, because they don't planned to do it, i will do it.

My first game will be a Police Quest, for this game a'm looking for a grafix/art designer to make the background, object ect.

after this project i planning to make Larry suit Larry and Space Quest, all game will of course have an other name.

I prevere some  from the Netherlands, if you like the idee and you can help me please send a e-mail, if possible with a drawing you already made, to me mbok@planet.nl

Musta Kaapu

• Occasional poster
  • "I'm a bunny rabbit!"
    • View Profile
    • SomethingAwful
Re:Looking for grafix designer
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2003, 10:26:56 AM »

Hi and welcome to the forum!

It's alwasy nice to see people with ideas and energy to carry them out. So that's why I'm begging you to slow down, so you wouldn't lose your interest in making games. I'm going to give you some tips in developing a game, I myself am not an professional game designer or anyway "in the scene" so these are just my personal views that I have found to be quite true.

First of all it's much easier to get people involved if you have a complete package ready or near completion. I mean that the storyline is written, dialogues are ready, you have some sketches of scenes, you know what kind of additional graphics you need. The basic idea behind this is that you know what you need. It's kind a dumb to ask an artist to draw a really megacool
"Do you still wish to fight me?"

Adventureforall

• Lurker
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2003, 10:44:38 AM »

Thanx for your reaction,

I was indied running a little bit fast,

Musta Kaapu

• Occasional poster
  • "I'm a bunny rabbit!"
    • View Profile
    • SomethingAwful
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2003, 11:59:09 AM »

I visited your page but my dutch is very poor (don't know any), so it didn't "open" to me. Maybe I'll just wait for the english version.  :P
"Do you still wish to fight me?"

odnorf

• w00t?
  • Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Lamp dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2003, 12:23:57 PM »

I tried to visit the page but it is HUGE for my old modem. :( I waited for 10 minutes and the browser was still downloading. Please, when you put online the english version, make a simple html page, or people like me with modems won't be able to see it.

Also keep in mind that to create a game using trademarks is illegal (even if those names are from old games) and maybe someday a company (Sierra in this case) ask/order you to shut-down the project. An easy solution to that is to change the names completely and just keep the feeling of the original games, like hero6 team is doing. Anyway, I wish you good luck, and I am looking forward for the english translation. :)
fl*p

Adventureforall

• Lurker
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2003, 12:42:52 PM »

hi,

Thanx for trying to look at my page, i'm sorry for the loading time, i made the flash file a little bit to big, i didn't think about the people who uses a 56kb modem, i thought no one will use them these day.

When i finished the script for the game a will make a new and English page, wich will be a little smaller.

I Know about the copyright of the name Police Quest, but i could not thing about an other good name, which will link to the old Police Quest Serie, but i will cange the name in the future when necesery

Jerrot

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2003, 01:46:25 PM »

hi adventureforall, (great nick!  ;) )

Thanx for trying to look at my page, i'm sorry for the loading time, i made the flash file a little bit to big, i didn't think about the people who uses a 56kb modem, i thought no one will use them these day.

I've got a download rate of 768kbit/s, and it took minutes... maybe the connection was not too good either. I even forgot about it and suddenly, while programming some complex algorithm, the sound came up! I thought my computer is going crazy or something until I discovered your flash film in my browser. well, it was already finished at that time... I'll check it again later. ;)
Mooh!

Adventureforall

• Lurker
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2003, 03:11:13 PM »

I've change the page, now you can chose if you wish to see the intro or not, i've made the main page in English, but i'm thing that i made some writing error, i'm sorry for that, my english isn't very good.

Jerrot

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2003, 11:58:56 PM »

Yep, a skip link is reasonable before some 3.5M intro, thanks. :)

BTW: I'd like to help you, but even if I found the time - I really shouldn't! Read my own English and understand why!  :-X
Mooh!

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 23 queries.