Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This forum provides RSS feed. To query recent posts use this url. More...

Author Topic: WME not remember node states properly  (Read 2916 times)

metamorphium

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Vampires!
    • View Profile
    • CBE  software s.r.o.
WME not remember node states properly
« on: March 17, 2006, 10:25:13 PM »

Hi Mnemonic,

me again. I think this isn't beta specific so I post it here. I ran into bad bug yesterday and I need to know if it's my fault or an engine bug.

I'll try to make this short: although I have checked in Scene Edit remember Nodes State and Including sprites, it looks like WME is not remembering changed X and Y position and changed Rotation.

My situation: Marc throws rock at an object which in turn falls down spining (all is scripted). It works the following way: I make a hidden entity with rock Active, animate the trajectory and then animate the object falldown (from the position where it was originally). If I leave the scene and come back, WME correctly
remembers that both should be active now, but the rock is on its original position before being thrown and the object is on its original position as well. Since I wanted this to be dynamic, I am now using some tmp variables to track down position, but I believe WME should be able to do it by itself. Or am I mistaken? :)

J.U.L.I.A. Enhanced Edition, Vampires!, J.U.L.I.A., J.U.L.I.A. Untold, Ghost in the Sheet

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
Re: WME not remember node states properly
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2006, 10:39:33 PM »

Yes, node states only remember the activity and optionally the assigned sprite/cursor/alpha color. It's not a bug, it's supposed to work like that.
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

metamorphium

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Vampires!
    • View Profile
    • CBE  software s.r.o.
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2006, 10:47:12 PM »

ok, thanks for the clarification.
Just a quickie - "Interactive" flag is not saved too?
J.U.L.I.A. Enhanced Edition, Vampires!, J.U.L.I.A., J.U.L.I.A. Untold, Ghost in the Sheet

metamorphium

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Vampires!
    • View Profile
    • CBE  software s.r.o.
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2006, 10:50:55 PM »

Ok, so it remembers only Active. This means that I have to redo a few destinies parts since I thought Interactive is part of the Scene Node remembering. Or would it be difficult to let WME remmbers this too?
Maybe it can be problematic for other projects though so, I'll just adjust my game. :)

Thanks again!

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 23 queries.