Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Latest WME version: WME 1.9.1 (January 1st, 2010) - download

Author Topic: Mouse cursor confusion  (Read 5562 times)

Scarpia

• Occasional poster
  • Rich kid trash web designer :-P
    • View Profile
    • junk dot dk
Mouse cursor confusion
« on: February 20, 2003, 09:25:56 PM »

Just a quirk I guess..

When the game is running in window mode, the cursor is a transparent white arrow, but it turns into a non-transparent red arrow when hovering over an entity. When busy, it is a non-transparent red hourglass, and whwn the mouse cursor is over the window's title bar, it goes invisible.

I'm befuzzled..

* Could the mouse cursor please not be transparent over the title bar? It looks bad. I get really really scared when my cursor disappears. Really, I do :)
* Is the mouse cursor going to be transparent - or not? Right now it's like it can't really decide which :P

This is just the beginning.  8)

Scarpia

Banbury

• Lurker
  • I'm a llama! Mooh!
    • View Profile
Re:Mouse cursor confusion
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2003, 07:55:09 AM »

Maybe this is a problem of your graphics card. The transparency of the cursors works quite fine on my machine. Since you have problems with the background image, too, it's highly probable that it's your graphics card. Try using software mode instead of hardware accelerated and check which version of DirectX you've installed.

Greetings

Banbury
« Last Edit: February 21, 2003, 07:57:25 AM by Banbury »

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
Re:Mouse cursor confusion
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2003, 08:15:59 AM »

The mouse cursors are fully configurable, they are actually sprites. I made the standard cursor semi-transparent just to make it look cool :) You can change it; simply edit the "sprites\system\cur_arrow.sprite" file in SpriteEdit and change the opacity.
When you move the mouse pointer outside the WME window, it will disappear. That's because the standard Windows cursor is hidden, WME draws its own. But WME cannot draw outside the "client" are of the window. I don't think it's a big problem, you'll get used to it ;)
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 23 queries.