Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Latest WME version: WME 1.9.1 (January 1st, 2010) - download

Author Topic: FUTURE OF WME 1 (Solved)  (Read 10927 times)

Weraustinne

• Lurker
    • View Profile
FUTURE OF WME 1 (Solved)
« on: August 02, 2009, 11:31:58 AM »

Hi Mnemonic,
I want to ask if you whether you plan to issue the last wme1 version, which corrects all (at least all important) bugs in wme1....?
UPDATE: If you intend to , what will be the date of relase? (  

Thanks for your response and thanks for WME:)

Edit: The new version of WME 1x.x does not need new features.
New WME 1 need "just"... - "Only":) bug fixes, because they conclude the series 1.x(.x) without any (serious) bugs (But some bugs in 1.8.10 is...horrible so fixing this bugs would be very nice from you.   

I know that you do not have a lot of time and (maybe) you do not have any motivation, but I now work in the great:) adventure project and I need WME without bugs... (It is easy to say that...I know:)

I want to present my project, when I have the first demo, so keep your patience with me:)
And...Sorry,  but my English is"!...!":)

« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 09:48:11 PM by Weraustinne »

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
Re: FUTURE OF WME 1 (UPDATED!)
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 09:33:28 PM »

I already told you in IRC that I will get to it, eventually. What's the point in asking the same question xxx times?
Also you didn't say what "horrible" bugs you're talking about.
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

Weraustinne

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: FUTURE OF WME 1 (UPDATED!)
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 07:40:13 PM »

I already told you in IRC that I will get to it, eventually. What's the point in asking the same question xxx times?
Also you didn't say what "horrible" bugs you're talking about.
Hi Mnemonic,
Sorry, I do not want to "attack" you:)
Sorry for my previous post.

Only it seemed to me that you work only on WME2 already.
I just want to, even bugfix-rel for WME1 because WME2 have a long way to go.

For example, the following bugs is not good:

http://forum.dead-code.org/index.php?topic=3551.0
http://forum.dead-code.org/index.php?topic=3603.0
http://forum.dead-code.org/index.php?topic=3732.0

And I dont know, this ( http://forum.dead-code.org/index.php?topic=3148.0 for example has already been fixed ?
I am not sure but is this bug? (In WME?) http://forum.dead-code.org/index.php?topic=3437.0

And this will be fixed in WME2?
http://forum.dead-code.org/index.php?topic=3368.0

And I am sure there are other bugs, but WME is for me the best engine in the universe. (:)) - ( I have lots of commercial engines at home too, but WME is free and is the best.)
I did not want to "offend" you.
I will greatly appreciate your work.
WME is free/open source and great!

Sorry again.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 11:12:21 PM by Weraustinne »

metamorphium

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Vampires!
    • View Profile
    • CBE  software s.r.o.
Re: FUTURE OF WME 1 (Solved)
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2009, 08:23:21 PM »

none of these bugs are "horrible". If you looked closely, they are either resolved or work-aroundable, so calling this "horrible bugs" is very huge overstatement. Moreover, some of the threads are actually long time solved issues.

None of those "issues" could possible stop you from making your game as you always can find a way how to proceed. I found strange that none of those threads are actually yours. Did you personally encounter such problems in your own project?

I am saying this because I got helped by Mnemonic many times. The difference is though that I usually gave him some minimalistic repro project he could test on his own. This way we easily tracked what is engine error and what was my sloppy scripting. Posting thousand times the same stuff without even putting your own work on the table and using old long-resolved threads as an example (which couldn't even remotely apply to your project as my thread for example is about very unusual way how to use wme for totally different kind of the game) doesn't add credibility to your "complains".

I bet you that as soon as you'll bring your own problems based on real experience with WME, the response will be way different. Take it as an advice from someone who already worked on couple of games and got his own WME game worldwide published. WME is very stable engine and customer's support was a breeze because of that.
J.U.L.I.A. Enhanced Edition, Vampires!, J.U.L.I.A., J.U.L.I.A. Untold, Ghost in the Sheet

Weraustinne

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2009, 11:51:15 AM »

none of these bugs are "horrible". If you looked closely, they are either resolved or work-aroundable, so calling this "horrible bugs" is very huge overstatement. Moreover, some of the threads are actually long time solved issues.

None of those "issues" could possible stop you from making your game as you always can find a way how to proceed. I found strange that none of those threads are actually yours. Did you personally encounter such problems in your own project?

I am saying this because I got helped by Mnemonic many times. The difference is though that I usually gave him some minimalistic repro project he could test on his own. This way we easily tracked what is engine error and what was my sloppy scripting. Posting thousand times the same stuff without even putting your own work on the table and using old long-resolved threads as an example (which couldn't even remotely apply to your project as my thread for example is about very unusual way how to use wme for totally different kind of the game) doesn't add credibility to your "complains".

I bet you that as soon as you'll bring your own problems based on real experience with WME, the response will be way different. Take it as an advice from someone who already worked on couple of games and got his own WME game worldwide published. WME is very stable engine and customer's support was a breeze because of that.

I expressed badly, there was the "horrible bugs" in WME, sorry (my post before your:).
I just wanted some "cosmetic" fixes, for the "nicer" ending of WME 1.x  ;D
Mnemonic relased WME 1.8.11 and 1.9.0 beta now, which is great! (Thanks Mnem., :) :)

I found strange that none of those threads are actually yours. Did you personally encounter such problems in your own project?

Not really, but I do not want to ask for support on WME forums with problems and problems.

I just want to ask if is in WME documentation writed how to prevent (to avoid), some errors in the WME compiler...?
(What about this: http://forum.dead-code.org/index.php?topic=3368.0 ?)
Is "work-around" this bug in WME script compiller described in WME docs...?

I just want to have all these errors described in WME documentation and how they are bypassing ...
(So NOT searching on WME forums.)

That's all,
Thanks,

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2009, 12:18:31 PM »

The documentation can never contain EVERYTHING, that's impossible.
This forum is a huge resource of information and personally I see it as a part of the documentation.

Please let this thread die already.
*Mnemonic puts a huge padlock on the thread*
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 24 queries.