Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This forum provides RSS feed. To query recent posts use this url. More...

Author Topic: Recent Discoveries ... Gabriel Knight Patches - Typing of the Dead  (Read 5440 times)

Igorrr

• Regular poster
  • Ugh...Ughugh!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Struggle For Life And Honour

Hi everyone,

long time no post  ;)

I just made fabulous extremely great discoveries, hopefully nobody replies and says he already knew it all along  :-[
Here (http://www.gabrielknight2k.tk/) you can find installers for Gabriel Knight 1 and 2. You can now easily install and play Gabriel Knight in Windows XP. But that is not all. Especially the GK2 installer comes with great extras:

- No more interlaced video
- Create a DVD version or have all 6 CDs installed on your HD!
- Play the windows version in Full Screen Mode

These installers ROCK!!!  ::rock ::rock ::rock

Next discovery is an exellent game for people who want to improve their typing  ;)

Typing of the Dead, is a conversion of House of the Dead 2, but instead of shooting by using mouse control you have to type phrases that are displayed as soon as a zombie appears. It's extremely funny B-Movieish and... ahh just read the rest here:
http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?gameid=4973

You won't regret trying this one out.  ::thumbup

McCoy

• The cocido eater
  • Frequent poster
  • Spurrrrrrring
    • View Profile
    • Spur Games
Re: Recent Discoveries ... Gabriel Knight Patches - Typing of the Dead
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2005, 07:58:53 AM »

I know Typing of the dead. The bad thing about it is that it was sold in Spain, but with absolutely no localization! That means that it was still intended for american keyboards, so it was impossible to finish, as some characters used were not in the same place in the spanish keyboard, and moreover, it didn't made use of the ñ, á, et-cetera. So it's only useful if you want to improve your typing skills with an american keyboard.

Click here to sign my sig!

Igorrr

• Regular poster
  • Ugh...Ughugh!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Struggle For Life And Honour
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2005, 02:16:20 PM »

OUCH!!!!  ::thumbdown :-\

That really SUCKS!!! I am using a US keyboard by default because scripting with a German one is simply a pain because common programming symbols like [,],{,},\ you can only type in connection with the [Alt Gr] key, which extremely slows you down. But wow I did not know that it does not support the windows keyboard driver. WHAT A SHIT!!!! ::thumbdown

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2005, 09:39:30 PM »

Great! I just burned GK2 on DVD and it actually works ::rock
Typing of the Dead is a funny game, I played it a while back and almost finished it :) But I had to switch the keyboard layour from american to british (or vice versa?) in the game settings, otherwise some characters couldn't be written.
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 23 queries.