Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

For WME related articles and tutorials visit WME Resource Center.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Latest beta: WME 1.6 beta 4  (Read 67475 times)

gfx johnny

• Regular poster
    • View Profile
Re: Latest beta: WME 1.6 beta 2
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2006, 03:09:22 PM »

Sadly i dont have much time these days, but this update seems to be really great  :o  ::thumbup Will try it asap!

leucome

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
    • Leucome Games
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2006, 05:35:47 PM »

I can't fin the way to hide a mesh ... Can i hide mesh who is not attached ?
i mean a mesh inside the main .x file i use for the actor.
Look my Site ——► http://news.leucome.ca

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2006, 06:34:40 PM »

Because of the way models work now, you can only manipulate the attachments. Is that a big problem? I think it would be possible to implement hiding base meshes (providing your X exporter can export mesh names; some don't) but I find the attachments way more consistent and more flexible.

EDIT: btw you deleted your earlier post about biped, did you make it work or..?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2006, 06:42:48 PM by Mnemonic »
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

leucome

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
    • Leucome Games
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2006, 10:53:53 AM »

I made a new character from the scratch. And exported frequently during process. I end with a working model.

Yes biped work now. But i can't be sure why. It's not about exporter it's about the way my max model was done.
When i will find the real answer i will post something and rebuild my old character.
That seems to be a scaling problem, like real scaling and relative scaling of part in 3dsmax.

Ok about hiding mesh. my character have an animated bow .. The bow have bone and folow presisely the character move... With ms3d the bow is a part of character i only hide the mesh. Now i'm not shure how to do that with .x model. But probably just expoting the the bow on other .x files. If all attached part could have their bone and follow the same animation frame than caracter..

Ok, i will try something today ...

« Last Edit: February 24, 2006, 12:24:09 PM by leucome »

leucome

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
    • Leucome Games
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2006, 02:14:25 PM »

I found a turn around. I will make 2 character, one with a bow and one without bow. And i will change it when will be needed in game.

I used the hidemesh allot i  will need to find turn around for all these thing. But .x will give a really better result.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2006, 02:35:14 PM by leucome »

leucome

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
    • Leucome Games
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2006, 06:57:51 PM »

Do someone know how to change actor model without modify all the others atribute off actor variable?
My test do not give me great result ... I will try an other turn around to replace my bow hidemesh.

I will try to split the bow in multiples parts each attached to one bone.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2006, 07:37:01 PM by leucome »

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2006, 07:58:38 PM »

If it helps, the attachment objects also provide the PlayAnim/PlayAnimChannel methods now.
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

leucome

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
    • Leucome Games
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2006, 11:36:59 PM »

that helps me so much. I needed some work to get animation synchronised. Thanks for the help.

metamorphium

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Vampires!
    • View Profile
    • CBE  software s.r.o.
Bug or Feature?
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2006, 12:18:21 AM »

Hi Mnemonic,

I was wondering if you changed ACT3DX definition regarding the EVENTS or if I found a bug there.

this:

ANIMATION
  {
    NAME="walk"
    LOOPING=TRUE

EVENT
    {
      FRAME = 16
      NAME = "footstep"
    }

EVENT
    {
      FRAME = 30
      NAME = "footstep"
    }
  }

worked before but now it makes a desktop crash. No log warnings. If I throw those Events out it works.
Script exists and is valid and with the Ms3D file definition it works (with added start frame and end frame).

Thanks!
J.U.L.I.A. Enhanced Edition, Vampires!, J.U.L.I.A., J.U.L.I.A. Untold, Ghost in the Sheet

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2006, 07:49:43 AM »

This syntax is correct. Does wme_demo_3D_2 work? It uses events as well. Check for obvious mistakes like missing braces and such. Make sure the animation blocks appear after the model assignment(s). If everything else fails, I'd like to test the actor myself.

metamorphium

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Vampires!
    • View Profile
    • CBE  software s.r.o.
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2006, 10:09:26 AM »

WME_demo_3d2 works and the syntax there is exactly the same as the one I'm using. This makes me really baffled. I'll try to catch you on IRC.

EDIT: and just to be more exact, the txt file throws this:

wme.exe caused a EXCEPTION_INT_DIVIDE_BY_ZERO in module wme.exe at 001B:00478219

« Last Edit: March 03, 2006, 10:15:40 AM by metamorphium »
J.U.L.I.A. Enhanced Edition, Vampires!, J.U.L.I.A., J.U.L.I.A. Untold, Ghost in the Sheet

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2006, 05:07:38 PM »

For the record, beta 2 is crashing when attempting to add animation events to animations without keyframes (at least that's what we found so far). It will be fixed in the next beta.

gfxmachine

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2006, 12:36:42 AM »

heh, one leave these forums just a few months and *.x format gets supported !  (for those remembering me (author talked with me about this even by email ;) ) I did insist a lot about x format )

Today you can use the great Blender 2.41 with latest's Ben's x exporter. Been testing his plugin and with some tricks it works better than ever...Now it's released.  The constraints can work baking.

http://xoomer.virgilio.it/glabro1/python241.html

gfxmachine

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2006, 01:00:52 AM »

Q: How do I export/convert my model to X format?
A: I have started a Wiki page on X file support in various 3D programs. Feel free to expand the article if you have any additional info or experience with other programs.

Lol, I'm the freaking geek about it.

But usually am not accurate enough to write in a wiki.

You'd find me under a load of nicks in lots of forums,  lots of places, just trying to spread the format in every engine out there...(and other freakiness 3d/2d...)

I have used deeply x export with :

-Blender(many stuff needs to be known for a "cool way")
-Max (panda, there are a bunch of tricks)
-Character Fx (for job  is Max, for home, I switched long ago to xsi and blender. In other low price animators like this you cannot glue feet to floor while animating... You can in Blender and XSI Foundation . )
-Softimage XSI Founation 4.0
-Ultimate Unwrap (used x format for converting xsi and blender x exported files into Blitz3d format and other formats) Actually is an uvmapping tool with animation conversion.

Also to mention. best viewers imho, the comercial and expensive Deep Exploration (for me, it is the best ever). And the free and handy MS Meshview from Directx 8.1 SDK.

As far as I know , you can export it by third party plugins, free or not (generally free, sometimes are even native) also with:
Truespace(gamepak comercial addon), gameSpace, Gamespace Light(too limited) , Hash Animation Master(comercial but cheap..AMtex, if rememeber well...), Lightwave, Maya, Messiah(the version that does not render, that is, which is focused for realtime games)  and some others.

I have found and solved loads of x based issues  to lots of peoples once learned myself...Till stopped being a clever thing to do ;)

[quick tip as I read Panda stuff around here...can'tremember well now, but I think Panda did not support Biped...Trick is export as FBX , then reimport, as it will be then bones and skin, which Panda can export. I remember I discovered the trick and spread through all inet]

To mention that sadly the x export of Cinema4d, being such a great package, wont export character animations (bones, weights,etc...)

The cool thing of this all is I asked nemonic about doing x support, and answered he may consider, but first had to make tools for the engine... It was perhaps 7 months ago or 4? can't remember...You were quite agreing it was a better format, but had other goals going first.

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2006, 08:09:56 PM »

Thanks for the tips, gfxmachine ::beer
As for the Blender plugin, it would be nice if it supported multiple named animation sets one day.

The cool thing of this all is I asked nemonic about doing x support, and answered he may consider, but first had to make tools for the engine... It was perhaps 7 months ago or 4? can't remember...You were quite agreing it was a better format, but had other goals going first.
Yes, I had to change my priorities a little (again!) because there was a huge demand for the X support.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 19 queries.