Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

IRC channel - server: waelisch.de  channel: #wme (read more)

Author Topic: Gamepad support  (Read 4983 times)

Banky

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Gamepad support
« on: October 04, 2006, 10:57:02 AM »

Hi Mnemonic,

Do you think it could be possible to include gamepad support for direct control? I think it would be very useful for games ala Resident Evil.

- Banky

Finn

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Gamepad support
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2006, 06:18:03 PM »

Could be a good addition to WME. Don't know if it's widely apparent but the XBox360 wired controller is XP and Vista compatible (it has a USB connection). Looks like it's on the way to becoming the standard controller for PC gamers. Even though I don't have an XBox I got one of its controllers and it works great. It's not that expensive either.

Microsoft have an XP driver for the controller downloadable from their site. I had some issues with it on some games but I haven't checked back in a while and I'm sure there will be regular updates as soon as Vista comes along.

I'm currently using an alternative driver called XBCD (http://www.redcl0ud.com/xbcd.html).

There is even a way to convert existing games for use with any controller using a tool called ControlMK (http://www.redcl0ud.com/controlmk/). It allows you to map keyboard keys to the controller. You might need to restart ControlMK to make changes take effect but your games should play on the controller once you have it configured (you'll probably have to play around with the settings, such as

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
Re: Gamepad support
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2006, 07:21:04 AM »

It's a possibility for the future, not my priority right now, though. It might be a nice plugin application, I think :)
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.