Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

IRC channel - server: waelisch.de  channel: #wme (read more)

Author Topic: Online play? 3D?  (Read 9157 times)

rodier

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Online play? 3D?
« on: December 12, 2007, 12:41:21 AM »

Hi all :)

I want ask if WE will support any online mode?  so 2 players can be in same game?

and its possible to see game from first person or third person like in mmorpg..  when using 2.5D?

thanks

DREAMWEB

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Online play? 3D?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 01:44:40 PM »

For 2D and/or 2.5D adventure games Wintermute is a great choice!

But if you want on line and/or 3D maybe you need a 3D engine like Torque, Quest 3D, 3D Gamestudio, etc.

I think Wintermute doesn't need to have any networking and 3D would be nice, but it would be other engine, a 3D version of Wintermute because (I think) all the way the engine is need to be changed... one more dimension means a lot of things!  ;D

Jyujinkai

• Global Moderator
  • Frequent poster
    • View Profile
    • Jyujinkai's WME Development Blog
Re: Online play? 3D?
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 01:51:55 PM »

i would have a look at virtual3D.net it is a freeware 3D engine like ogre, torque etc etc That is designed for morpg development. It includes a very nice visual editor for pretty much every aspect of game coding, and all the noral features you would expect in a 3D engine.. like say normal mapping, physics, etc etc etc... As well as some nice neat things like infinate zero load time landscapes (like world of warcraft) and tons of networking to handle 1000's of players at once. it is still in beta but looks very cool.

http://www.visual3d.net/
<Antoine de Saint-Exupéry> In any thing at all, perfection is finally attained not when there is no longer anything to add, but when there is no longer anything to take away...
<Carl Sagan> If you want to make a apple pie from scratch. You must first... invent the universe

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 25 queries.