Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This forum provides RSS feed. To query recent posts use this url. More...

Author Topic: Blender 2.69  (Read 3975 times)

rice

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Blender 2.69
« on: December 14, 2013, 05:11:03 PM »

Can someone please confirm that the DirectX exporter for Blender 2.69 works?

I've been playing with it this morning.  No luck yet.

rice

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Blender 2.69
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2013, 06:32:42 PM »

I've been able to get an object to load.  Now I need to figure out why my animations aren't loading.

Is there a quickstart guide to the bare minimum my animations need to be compatible?

rice

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2013, 11:26:24 PM »

I've managed to get a walking animation to load except it's also the new idle animation.  Progress, at least.

For some reason, it's not exporting as the animation's name ("Walk") but is defaulting to Action.

I also can't seem to get it to support PNG and alpha channels for things like hair and holes in geometry.

rice

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2013, 12:36:57 AM »

Well, I've managed to create idle, walking, and "take" animations.  It requires a lot of work, but it's doable.

Now I'm stuck and I fear I won't be able to proceed.  Blender doesn't seem to export the camera when creating the hidden geometry.  I found a stale page with a download link, but the script was the same as the one I had installed.  I might try an older version of Blender later, but for now I am going to take a break.

At first I didn't think the 3ds export worked until I tried scaling my scene in Blender to a gigantic size.  Turns out it was just too small for the Wintermute scene editor to draw.  My guess is the camera creates the scale.  The combo box doesn't have any cameras listed.

rice

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2013, 03:28:06 PM »

I followed the guide for Blender 2.42 to the letter.  It exports the camera but not the scene.

I even "triangulated" my meshes to see if that would make a difference.  No dice.

Kind of relieved, really.  It's been a few years since I've used used pre-2.5 and I wasn't looking forward to relearning its idiosyncrasies. 

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 23 queries.