Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

For WME related articles and tutorials visit WME Resource Center.

Author Topic: ...move the artist, ignoring block regions and waypoints?  (Read 4583 times)

Griffin

• Lurker
    • View Profile
    • My LJ (at Russian).
...move the artist, ignoring block regions and waypoints?
« on: December 08, 2005, 04:05:37 PM »

I want to move the artist along straight line, ignoring block regions and waypoints. (The artist stepped on the anti-gravity pad and fly avay.) Are there a way to implement this?

Now I switch "Active = false" all block regions, that my actor must to cross, and call "actor.GoTo(300,600)". But the actor goes to waypoint and then to point (300,600)! Yes, I may add another waypoint. Bat I want to know, are there a way to move my actor without switching off block regions manually?

The Adventure Game Studio has a special function to move artist, ignoring "walkable areas".

P.S. Sorry for bad English - my native language is Russian. Feel free to point at my gramatical mistakes.

metamorphium

• Global Moderator
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Vampires!
    • View Profile
    • CBE  software s.r.o.
Re: ...move the artist, ignoring block regions and waypoints?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2005, 04:27:25 PM »

Hi,

are you using 3D actors or sprites?
J.U.L.I.A. Enhanced Edition, Vampires!, J.U.L.I.A., J.U.L.I.A. Untold, Ghost in the Sheet

Igorrr

• Regular poster
  • Ugh...Ughugh!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Struggle For Life And Honour
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2005, 06:21:15 PM »

Hi Griffin,

I haven't played with 3D Actors, yet, but in case, as Metamorphium asks, you are using sprites you can simply have an actor walk into blocked regions by instead of using the GoTo method use PlayAnim instead. In this case For example actor.PlayAnim(Walkleft) you would have your actor walk left regardless of regions.
But in case of a hover-pad I'd suggest, since your actor would not be walking anymore, to move the actor and the hover-pad entity by resetting their XY coordinates in a loop until reaching the desired spot. Especially this way you can also easily change the speed of the hover movement by setting the proper sleep() time between XY jumps. I guess this should work for both cases.

Griffin

• Lurker
    • View Profile
    • My LJ (at Russian).
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2005, 11:08:40 PM »

are you using 3D actors or sprites?

2D sprites.

Griffin

• Lurker
    • View Profile
    • My LJ (at Russian).
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2005, 11:22:16 PM »

But in case of a hover-pad I'd suggest, since your actor would not be walking anymore, to move the actor and the hover-pad entity by resetting their XY coordinates in a loop until reaching the desired spot. Especially this way you can also easily change the speed of the hover movement by setting the proper sleep() time between XY jumps. I guess this should work for both cases.

Thanks. I will try to do, as you write.

"If the Wintermute does not support functiont, that you need, write it by yourself!"  ;)

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 24 queries.