Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

IRC channel - server: waelisch.de  channel: #wme (read more)

Author Topic: WME 1.3.2  (Read 9427 times)

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
WME 1.3.2
« on: December 27, 2004, 02:57:15 PM »

Hello wintermuties,

here is a late Christmas present for you, WME 1.3.2. This update implements some of your suggestions, makes it easier for players to change their settings, expands scripting capabilities and also fixes some bugs found in the previous version.

Enjoy ;)

WME update: http://www.dead-code.org/download/wme_update_132.exe (5MB)
Updated documentation: http://www.dead-code.org/download/wme.chm (2.9MB)

(Note 1: you must have the WME DevKit installed prior to installing this patch)
(Note 2: saved games are incompatible with previous releases)

Wintermute Engine 1.3.2 (December 27, 2004)

• The startup settings window is now always displayed, until the player checks "don't show this window again"
  • settings.exe file is now copied to the output directory; it allows players to re-enable the settings window
  • WME now displays user-friendly error messages if the target computer doesn't meet game requirements (outdated DirectX version or a missing 3D accelerator)
  • SceneEdit allows to manually override camera field-of-view for scenes with 3D geometry (necessary for Cinema 4D generated 3ds files)
  • new methods for direct keyboard control for 3D characters; see the 3D actor scripting reference for details, also the 3D characters demo has been updated to demonstrate keyboard control
  • string-table items can now reference other string-table entries; it's useful if you need multiple entries to reference the same text
  • the name for the savegame directory can now be configured in ProjectMan 
  • if the savegame directory isn't writable WME automatically switches to player's "Documents and settings" directory
  • scripts with infinite loops can now also receive events; you no longer need to divide them in two scripts
  • new File and Directory scripting objects allowing scripts to work with files and directories (see the docs for details)
  • new MemBuffer scripting object allowing scripts to pass complex structures to and from DLL plugins
  • game objects no-longer receive the MouseEntry and MouseLeave events when the game is in non-interactive mode (this behavior can be overridden using the NonIntMouseEvents attribute
  • new Game.Accelerated attribute which allows scripts to determine if the game takes advantage of 3D acceleration
  • new Game.LoadResponseBox() and Game.LoadInventoryBox() methods which allow you to change response/inventory box design at runtime
  • entities stored in entity containers can be scaled
  • new Game.DisplayLoadingIcon() method to display a "work-in-progress" icon while some long-time operation is in progress
  • new Game.ClearScriptCache() method useful when you generate scripts at runtime
  • new String.Split() method for working with lists
  • BUGFIX: characters should no longer get stuck in place while walking
  • BUGFIX: SceneEdit no longer crashes when you select a 3ds file without any cameras
  • several other bugs introduced in 1.3 were fixed

Wintermute Engine 1.3 (November 30, 2004)

• experimental support for real-time 3D characters; this new functionality is too complex to be described here so please take a look at the "3D characters support" chapter in the documentation; if you have any comments or suggestions, post them here
  • new technology demo demonstrating the 3D characters; you can download the compiled demo here (3.6MB), sources are part of the WME distribution package
  • new Game.SetWaitCursor() method and other methods for querying and setting the non-interactive cursor
  • new GetImage() family of methods for GUI controls
  • the tools no longer change global volume at startup
  • several bugfixes
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

Daniel

• Regular poster
  • I'm *not* a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: WME 1.3.2
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2004, 09:27:53 PM »

I see you've been busy lately  :)
But really, very impressive work indeed. Lots of new features and also very fast after the last major  :o.

Thanks!

FogGobbler

• Regular poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2004, 11:43:26 PM »

Hi!

Great work! Thank a lot for the fov-option! That really saves me a lot of time.  :)

bye,
oli

Orange Brat

• Regular poster
    • View Profile
    • Orange Brat Shenanigans™
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2004, 05:25:12 PM »

Thanks for the update.
The Disenfranchised™ - coming later

Castler

• Lurker
    • View Profile
    • Limbo of the Lost
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2005, 10:14:18 PM »

Amazing. Thanks, Mnemonic!

hunter.ex

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2005, 08:04:49 PM »

Hi!When I start WME it writes me  an error like :can't find files to start program.help please!

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2005, 09:27:40 PM »

Hi!When I start WME it writes me  an error like :can't find files to start program.help please!
It would be helpful if you could post the *exact* message. Anyway, check if you have DirectX 8.0 or later installed and that you're running the Project Manager (projectman.exe), not the engine runtime by itself.
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 24 queries.