Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

For WME related articles and tutorials visit WME Resource Center.

Author Topic: Collecting Portuguese games for Portuguese community project  (Read 4809 times)

Pedro Pires

• Lurker
    • View Profile

Hello there. I'm a newcomer to these forums, and I'm more of an AGSer than a WMEer <gasp!>. But my purpose here is not connected to either, I'm here simply because this is an adventure game forum.

Well, simply put: I'm looking for Portuguese adventure games, or games which have been translated into Portuguese. There are italian, russian, spanish, french, german, english, american and etc. adventure game communities. There isn't a Portuguese one. I'm choosing to believe that's because no one thought of it before, so I'm trying to fill the gap. :) And the first step is to collect every adventure game which can be played in Portuguese.

I don't even know if there are any Portuguese WMEers - I knew for a fact that there were Portuguese AGSers, so I tried there first. If you're there, people, gimme a hand so we can have our own space, what do you say? ;D

Currently I have these games:

Apprentice Deluxe
Diacho
The New Adventures of Zak McKracken
Larry
A Lenda da Gávea
Overrun
Paranoia
Mad in Cashcais

Any help at all would be tremendously appreciated!  :D

joaomesq

• Teacher / Game Designer
  • Lurker
    • View Profile
    • Nó Górdio
Re: Collecting Portuguese games for Portuguese community project
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 02:08:47 PM »

Hi Pedro,

Yes there are portuguese WMEers - i'm one of them.

Beneath a Steel Sky has a version with portuguese subtitles.

If you want to include brazilian portuguese, about 10 years ago the portuguese distributor of Infogrames translated several to brazilian portuguese so you probably should check out with them.

I seem to recal that these were translated:

Sanitarium (not sure about this one)
Shadow of the Comet
Prisoner of Ice
Alone in the Dark 4

boa sorte!
Crisis is just another word for opportunity

Pedro Pires

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Collecting Portuguese games for Portuguese community project
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 12:28:19 AM »

Hmmm, BaSS has been made freeware by Revolution Software, so it's probably legally safe. I'll try to find it out, thanks for the tip. :) The other games are trickier ground, legally - I want a repository of portuguese games, not a warez site, or even abandonware. I found a blog where you could get Gabe Knight 2, The Dig, and 5 other games all translated to Portuguese - really. But it's seriously warez stuff, which I'd like to stay away from for this project.

Glad to know there's more of us around! I'll be sure and post everywhere I can think of when the site's done and the forum's ready!

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 24 queries.