Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This forum provides RSS feed. To query recent posts use this url. More...

Author Topic: 3d geometry suggestion  (Read 5826 times)

varnama

• Lurker
    • View Profile
3d geometry suggestion
« on: August 12, 2005, 08:45:20 PM »

Hi all! I'm some time trying 3d hidden geometry and I have a suggestion.. First of all I start my project in 2d, and later i try 3d, well the question is that, my backgrounds are a little large and i don't like to transform them in 3d, then i try to do a 3d geometry based in 2d  backgrounds but is a lot complicated to fit walls and the blocked zones..
My suggestions if it's possible of course, is that, Scene editor way to do "floors" or blocked zones are very easy, I think easy good way are for example, do a 3d square floor in 3dmax and them with Sceen editor you define block zones and for example way points too..
That's all, thank very much!!  8)

Nihil

• Supporter
  • Addicted to WME forum
  • Fear me! I'm evil!
    • View Profile
    • Order of Dagon
Re: 3d geometry suggestion
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2005, 09:56:31 PM »

So you use 3d actors on 2d backgrounds?

I guess your suggestion would be very difficult to implement as you can't navigate in 3d space in SceneEdit, so WME wouldn't know the z-coordinate if the waypoints and blocked areas.

varnama

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2005, 03:22:30 AM »

Hi Nihil!
About your first question 3d actors on 2d backgrounds, it's complicated to explain, but yes this is the idea..
And the second question I don't think so at all, and i try to explain them.. I can see how work Sceneeditor with 3d geometry, and 2d areas about one month and.. well, 3d actor work with 3d geometry right and also interact with 2d areas. If an area have a script attach and for example delimit one position I can block 3d actor.. I include image and same simple code to explain best..

while(true)
{
  if (actor.X < 100)
  {
    actor.X = 100;
  }
    Sleep(10);
}

when actor theoretical across 100 line delimited script, then the code return de actor.X to 100.. And we are blocked actor without  z-coordinate of geometry, only need 3d actor position.. Of course only one camera have attach to 3d Geometry..
I think Mnemonic can do something like that, with Scene editor to block walls more easy than remake background in 3d..
Thanks again, and sorry my bad English!  ;)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2005, 10:54:24 AM by varnama »

Mnemonic

• WME developer
  • Administrator
  • Addicted to WME forum
    • View Profile
    • Dead:Code Site
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2005, 11:34:46 AM »

Thanks for the suggestion, I'm indeed considering adding this feature, because it would simplify designing non-complex 3D scenes.
Yes, I do have a twitter account
Please don't send me technical questions in private messages, use the forum. ::wave

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 24 queries.